Customer reviews

on 17 December 1998
There are so few books written and aimed at Jewish children this time of year, so it is a pleasure to find a good one. At the end of the year, it's not easy to explain why we don't have a Christmas tree. Another reviewer wrote that all the Jewish families they know have Christmas trees. I don't want to get into a debate, but in the interest of stating another side, some families observe both Chaunkah and Christmas and those families, I assume, would have a Christmas tree. But a Jewish family observing Chanukah, not Christmas, would have no reason to have a Christmas tree. The author shows how we can all help celebrate someone elses holiday. My daughters liked her story and so did I. It wasn't preachy or boring, but it was comforting.
on 16 April 1999
Dear editors, I am writing re: my review of 1-25-99. There is a one-word error in the fifth line that changes the meaning entirely. It should read, ".....insight for NON Jewish adults...", not "insight for now Jewish adults." Would you kindly change this wording. As it reads now, it is misleading for your potential future customers, and embarrasing for me. (p.s. I actually AM Heather's mother. Susan Sussman wrote the book using our two daughters as the models for her characters Robin and Heather.)
on 11 December 1998
A warm and touching story addressing the difficult topic of Jewish children coping with the Christmas-dominated holiday season.
on 10 November 1998
All the Jews I know have Christmas trees. They realize that Christmas is not solely a religious holiday but also a cultural, joyous time of year that everyone can enjoy.