on 4 January 2013
I wanted a all round pc, that I could play games on have music on and all rounder basically, that is exactly what I got, absolutely love this pc, brilliant everything!
I got this to play games on like Starcraft2 and guild wars 2 and it plays both on highest graphics with ease,
Would definitely recommend this even if the price seems high it's a quality product
on 9 April 2013
This unit is used with some great Adobe Pro video editing software I use. The speed of the hard discs was important and the interfaces and spec generally was what I needed. As ever Amazon delivery was a superstar.
on 25 May 2016
I have commented elsewhere on a Gamers Case in which I mentioned the importance of a good motherboard. The HP Envy has a great spec but is let down by a mediocre and non standard size motherboard (to fit in the small case) and when I had trouble with that it was the end of the Envy Phoenix. However my friend followed my example and bought an Envy Phoenix not long after me and his computer is still happily whirring away so maybe it was me...
on 13 March 2013
when my old desk top crashed I decided to upgrade, I needed a computer that was powerful enough to keep up with my photo editing programs and also run my passion for driving games. I looked for a pc with the highest spec and this was the one I ended up spending a lot of cash on. It's a nice looking unit but I suppose aimed at the teenage gaming community judging by the all the red lights, I guess if I was a teenager the lights would impress my friends but being in my 50's they just seem pointless, anyhow it's installed inside a computer desk so you can only see the front. this brings me to the other little thing I don't like, on the top it has stereo jacks and USB ports this is good but they are in a recess which faces the back of the unit ok if it's stand alone but inside a cuboard you have to pull the unit out or fiddle around to attach leads. Apart from those very minor things, I am so far very happy with this PC.
Windows 8 aimed at the touch screen market, and when I first started using it it was a bit alien, but only took a few hours of playing around and I have no problems with it.
So far I am happy with this purchase, time will tell if it's reliable or not. 4 stars just because of the red lights, 5 stars if I was 15.