Customer reviews

Size: Stitch Markers - Closed|Change
Price:£2.40+ Free shipping (Addon item)

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 10 January 2015
UPDATE: 17 June 2015: Six months on I love these even more than I did the first few weeks I had them. I use them for marking right sides, beginning of motif rows when joining so my pattern stays correct, for counting three digit starting chain projects, holding rows together when stitching row upon row of motif projects, and for checking fit on cardi and jumper projects. I'm sure I'll find more uses over time - bottom line is these are so invaluable I keep them to hand and couldn't crochet without them in the kit!

Original review: These are very nice and I think I'll be buying a few more so I'll have spares. These feel very sturdy, each is smooth so won't catch on yarn or wool; I tested all of them on an afghan crocheted block and none broke or fell off even during vigorous handling.

Bonus - the stitch markers come in a thick plastic storage bag with a fold through flap! Very easy to toss in the current project bag.

I have a set (20pc) of the round slip-on stitch markers that work but sometimes fall off, especially on larger pieces - I am beginning a 300 starting chain crochet piece so I decided to try this type and after testing these I'm really glad I made this purchase.
on 8 September 2014
These are the best of their kind. I think they are soft plastic as they seem far more robust than the cheaper brittle plastic stitch markers also available from Amazon.

All my knitting friends advise me, incidentally, to keep stitch markers open when not in use as this lengthens their life, don't know why but I do it all the same.

If you need easy-to-use stitch markers, these are the ones.

I have just ordered another two sets of these purple and green ones using the Add on facility where they will be shipped free of charge with the rest on my order since they are a cheap item which is uneconomical to post separately.
on 18 July 2015
I bought these after buying a cheaper version which snapped when undone. The postage was expensive but I ordered 2 packs and none of them have broken so they have been well worth it. I used them for marking my place on a navy cardigan I was crocheting. I just couldn't see which way up it was and where the increasings were and these little clips helped no end. I also used one to hold the last stitch I had crocheted so that it did not unravel. They would also be good for crocheting in the round where it is impossible to see where the rows begin. Just wish I had had them years ago.
on 17 February 2015
I have knitted for many years without the need of purchasing stitch marker - used lengths of yarn instead or safety pins - decided to give these a go. They easily slip on the needle (I was using 6mm at the time) to mark the start of a row and are very easy to attach to stitches during knitting/crochet.
on 23 January 2016
These are so useful for my crocheting, both as round markers and for holding stitches while I stuff my projects. The only thing is if they are left closed between uses they become very difficult to open enough for the wool to pass, but this is easy to solve by leaving them open in between. They all quickly return to their original shape after they've been left open for a little while
on 20 May 2016
These stitch markers are lovely and bendy unlike the cheaper alternatives that are a harder plastic that snaps easily. So much better and fairly inexpensive, I wish I had bought these in the first place!
on 17 August 2017
I bought several packets of these for crochet projects. Great for holding squares together whilst joining. The ends are pointy but slightly rounded so they slip through stitches fairly easily. Plastic is fairly flexible rather than brittle and I've had no breakages though I store them open. Good product, does the job, have bought extra and would recommend.
on 5 April 2016
Excellent but pricey plastic stitch markers and as easily lost as the cheap and cheerful ones. I mostly use them closed so unclipping and clipping ability is not a priority.
Wish they cam in more colours so that they stood out agains some of the yarn colours I use.
on 12 May 2016
I found these quite stiff and a little sharp.
on 21 August 2017
I am very pleased with these. The packet contains far more than I will ever use.