Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

VINE VOICEon 4 January 2014
The more I hear Friar Alessandro, the more he grows on me. My initial reaction was, "Is he real?"

And - in these days of everything being commercialised and highly polished - yes, he is! I can see why Warner leapt to sign up this singing monk (he is based at a Fransiscan Order). He has a truly lovely tenor voice and sings like an angel!

All his profits go to a Fransiscan charity as he has made a vow of poverty. One reason he got accepted into the order was because of his voice, and WOW! what a voice! Friar Alessandro is a serious singer without being pretentious or boring.

Recommended!
on 2 December 2012
I stumbled across this by mistake and having downloaded it on my iPod I got a hard copy as a present. The story goes that the producers wanted to replace Pavarotti and scoured Italy for a voice. Friar Alessandro had had a classical singing training before joining the monastery. He was discovered there and brought over to the Abbey Road Studios to record this beautiful tape. His voice his so pure, he announciates every letter and I play this over and over. Enjoy.
on 17 April 2017
A lovely CD and at the right price too. Would definitely recommend this item and the seller. Thank you.
on 6 March 2017
bought as a gift very good product
on 12 September 2017
This was for a friend as a Christmas present, she was absolutely delighted with the CD
on 19 October 2012
Friar Alessandro describes himself as entering another world when he sings, one in which he is able to communicate the Franciscan message just as St Francis did originally, through poetry and song.

Having studied and loved music from childhood, Friar Alessandro made the decision to give up in favour of entering the Order; however, he was given an ultimatum by his spiritual director that he must complete his musical studies first. Inspired and impelled to reach his calling, he did this, finishing with excellent marks. At last he had found his voice.

The album is varied; as well as favourites such as Panis Angelicus and Sancta Maria (from Cavalleria Rusticana), we have a setting by Paul Mealor of an original work of St Francis, Le Lodi di Dio Altissimo. The album ends with Make me a Channel of Your Peace, a contemplation on Franciscan prayer.

A gifted singer, his gift here is passed on in a truly selfless way; this is music making for the sheer joy of it. The message itself is one of peace and inspiration, a voice from Heaven.
11 Comment| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 October 2012
I found this CD to be quite lovely and very peaceful to listen to. I really liked the songs and Friar Alessandro's voice. I would recommend this to others.
22 Comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 October 2012
This CD is wonderful - Friar Alessandro's voice is superb. I am sure we will hear and see more of this young man with the exquisite voice. His diction is superb too - you can hear every word and it is obviouis from the way he sings that he loves it. I shall play it often and be transported back to Italy.
on 24 November 2012
I first heard this fantastic voice from a very short excerpt on television. Was so impressed that I bought the CD immediately. It exceeded my expectations in every way. The quality and range of Friar Alessasndro's voice is impressive and the recording is excellent, too. As an Italian speaker, I appreciated even more the clear and attractive accent - could understand every word. Have bought a second CD as a Christmas present and will probably buy more. It would be wonderful if a DVD could be produced featuring this wonderful singer.
on 20 December 2012
Wonderful, relaxing, insperational. Music to help you through lifes trials and tribulations.
Will not be the last of Friar Alessandro that I buy.