on 10 November 2015
This is the only Bond music compilation you will ever need, and the main reason is simply because it collates all of the NON-commercial tracks alongside the popular Bond movie themes, which everyone knows and already loves. Essentially, the genius of John Barry and his Orchestra is given full exposure here and this is what makes this compilation far better than any other equivalent.

Despite what some reviewers are saying due to it's release date (2012), this collection is NOT worse off for missing recent movie themes such as Adele's "Skyfall". The reason is because many of these recent themes have lost their way anyway. Anything from Tina Turner's "GoldenEye" onwards are tacky, cliché and play to a predictable commercial formula, with perhaps Madonna's Die "Another Day" at the bottom of that pile. The only exception is Chris Cornell's "You Know My Name", which at least incorporates some Bond melodies but with a heavier and original edge.

Go, instead, back in time to the original Bond themes on disc 1 of this 2-part set (23 tracks on disc 1; 27 tracks on disc 2)and you will see exactly what I mean. "From Russia With Love", "You Only Live Twice", "Goldfinger" and "Thunderball" are all classics in their own musical right, all underpinned by John Barry's superb orchestration. Focusing on Barry and his single-handed creation of "spy genre music" for a moment, pick out "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" on disc 1, then on disc 2 "007", "Switching the Body" and "Capsule in Space". For those that remember Propellerheads and David Arnold's excellent rendition of the former and the latter themes, mixed together in the 90s, these are the origin points for these great ideas. (Arnold's "Vesper" and "Time to Get Out" from Casino Royale are both included here on disc 2, as is Moby's "James Bond Theme Re-Version"). All of the motifs we associate with Bond movies today come from these great musical interludes, and it is for that reason that the emphasis on John Barry on disc 2 makes this the better of the 2 discs in the set.

Topping the list of well-known themes on disc 1, however, must be "Licence to Kill" by the spectacular Gladys Knight, closely followed by Carly Simon's "Nobody Does it Better" and Lulu's "Man with the Golden Gun". One benefit to the listener of the 50-year popularity of Bond movies is that the accompanying music tracks popular trends over time. "Live and Let Die" by Wings and "The Man with the Golden Gun" show distinct 70s undercurrents, whilst you are slammed right into the 80s with Duran Duran's "View to a Kill" and A-Ha's "The Living Daylights".

I could continue heaping on further praise for this compilation, but for approximately £5 plus postage from your pocket money, you can find this all out for yourselves.
on 11 December 2014
arrived very quickly - well packed - as described - no hassles -
Ok you know what you are going to get. Or do we? only kidding - actually you can see the evolution of the Bond sound. So much so that I guess people will have their favourite eras like their favourite Bond or Doctor.
Obviously there aren't 40 Bond films (are there?) so some of the tracks are the incidental music - again the changes are audible.
T BBC Philharmonic orchestra and a listener vote as to the best Bond Theme EVER came up with a truly ridiculous winner earlier this year. Possibly because most of the voting audience were too young to remember/ appreciate the breath taking older ones. Well they should buy this, give Disc one a bit a bending and behold a world of style and truly captivating music. Everything musical from a punch in the face to the suavest of melodies. It made my drive home an actual pleasure.
ACID TEST: would I buy it again - Yes
on 12 February 2016
This was a Christmas present but was a great album so I bought it for myself too. I had a James Bond collection on cassette years ago (shows how long ago that must have been) so it brought back loads of memories listening to these great songs back to back again. Plus, there are all the new ones that didn't exist when I had my first copy. I was particularly interested in this edition because of the bonus disc with all the incidental music and additional themes, mostly from John Barry. It is brilliant to hear this music in isolation at last in all their sonic splendour.
on 9 May 2013
I like this album because it reminds me of childhood aswell as classic Bond moments. Having been brought up on a similar compilation (minus the Pierce Brosnan years), I wanted something more up to date. This has everything minus Skyfall.

I like most of the songs on the album, particularly "James Bond Theme (From Dr. No)", "Diamonds are Forever", "Live and Let Die", "The Man with the Golden Gun", "Nobody Does it Better", "License to Kill", "We Have All the Time in the World", "Goldeneye" and "You Know My Name". For me these are personal favourites and Bond theme classics.

I would recommend this to any Bond fan (that does't mind the absence of Skyfall), and also to fans top singers because these artists are the best. Shirley Bassey, Paul McCartney, Lulu, Carly Simon, Gladys Knight, Louis Armstrong, Tina Turner and Chris Cornell; making up a fab array of vocal genii!
One person found this helpful
on 19 February 2016
I love the Bond Films, so all of these theme tunes are great with the exception of a few which I shall mention later in this review...but other than that I would recommend. The only reason I gave a 4* rating is because a few of the tracks aren't so good. I think its because they don't seem very Bond like. In particular 'The World Is Not Enough' by Garbage and it is Garbage, 'You Know My Name by Chris Cornell', Another Way to Die by Jack White & Alicia Keys...the less said about that the better I think !!!. on the whole not bad.
on 26 February 2015
An excellent collection of most of the themes and incidental music from the entire genre, with the notable exception of Adele's recent (2012) recording of Skyfall, Good sound quality on all songs, we played it in the car on a long journey, whiling away the time trying to place the song to the film title-hard to do if you haven't seen them all! Brought back a few memories from my childhood too. Personal favourite? Live & Let Die or A View To A Kill.
on 19 June 2018
Excellent Album which includes the very best of the instrumental scores and the songs.
on 17 April 2018
GREAT‹(•¿•)›Very fast dispatch ‹(•¿•)› Excellent item‹(•¿•)›Many thanks 10/10+++
on 15 July 2013
This is a great collection of tracks that not only gives you the themes to all but Skyfall, but also significant tracks from each film. Obviously there are the real classics (Goldfinger, Live and Let Die), as well as the modern hits (You know my name, Another Way to Die), but for me the real joy comes from the underplayed and underpraised Dalton era of Duran Duran, A-Ha and Gladys Knight.

A great collection...
on 21 April 2018
For me, more best of bond memories