on 8 March 2014
Like it's fellow BBC publication, Good Food, this is a user friendly, professional eMagazine. Easy to read, use, save recipes and aricles. I now use it rather than the paper version, as it saves space and it easier to access back numbers.
on 23 March 2013
I downloaded a three month trial when I first got my Kindle Fire HD and have found the app very disappointing.

The pages freeze and there's none of the interactivity of the Morrisons magazine app which works brilliantly and is completely free.

Don't bother unless you get a free trial AND you remember to switch of the Autorenew function. (The Autorenew function will whip the money out of your account in three months' time if you don't switch it off because they don't have the courtesy to send you a reminder...)
on 27 November 2012
60 day trial give me the chance to review this properly. But, again I am not that taken by this magazine. There are SO many adverts in it you struggle to find the articles to read. It is not so obvious on paper form but once on your Kindle all you want to do is read and its pages of full size adverts.

Will be cancelling this the first chance I get.
on 11 November 2012
As an existing print subscriber of Olive magazine I was pleased to see it was available as a digital copy via the Kindle store. I purchased my Kindle HD as a device for reading books and magazines rather than using my iPad. However it would appear that even though it is possible to download the digital version of the issues for free via the Apple store (as is the case with other magazine subscriptions i have too) this does not apply to the Kindle version. I hope this changes soon as it makes one of the reasons for purchasing the Kindle redundant.
on 27 October 2012
This magazine downloaded straight away onto my kindle fire, the pictures look amazing, the text very clear and pages well set out and easy to navigate.
Great app and magazine for all food junkies, I like being able to read it on the fire. Recommended.
on 1 December 2012
First of all it only half downloaded and took a while to realize and had to wait for a wi fi spot to finish
it is quite slow to use as the page has to be minimised to turn to next page but too small to see if you dont enlarge
Half way through a recipe it diappeared in the end I found it at the end of all the other months they were trying to get me to buy! so entirely out of date order so l had to finish the recipe from memory l will be
sticking to the paper magazine
on 14 January 2016
What a shame! The mag is occasionally truly inspiring, always interesting but downloading it is always really really slow , often failing and requiring Amazon intervention. I have complained several times, but no improvement. You couldn't possibly sign up to their tempting subscription offers because of this chronic unreliability.
on 10 September 2013
I only downloaded this because it was free, I didn't even look at it because my financial details were required I wanted to have a look at a few copies before committing financially to a subscription. I don't want the hassle of having to remember to cancel before I start to pay for it! Not free is it!
on 27 August 2013
As soon as I opened the app I saw "£2.99 to view the September magazine" or something along those lines. The advert led me to believe it was free. I deleted it straight away.
on 30 November 2015
Acquired app but then immediately uninstalled as initial advert did not make ongoing subscription cost clear. Know it is a good magazine but I'm not prepared to pay high price for electronic copy.