on 27 December 2012
A really excellent book going into simplified depth in everything for Visual Basic except (unfortunately) text printing.

The only serious flaw is that the book is EXACTLY the same as Sam's Teach Yourself Visual Basic 2010 in 24 Hours, which I already possess. How can an author and publisher get away with this?

Fortunately I have a relative who is undergoing an IT College Course who is finding the book invaluable.
on 29 December 2013
I have a few of these books going back to VB6 and have always found them useful. However, this one seems to floundered. It lacks the code examples which features in other publications and left me more confused than when I first started reading. The VB2010 book is a better read.
on 1 March 2015
I have downloaded quite a few books on Visual Basic and this is by far the best book for learning Visual Basic that I have bought. It is the only book I should have downloaded and I am sorry I did not buy it first as I would not have bought the others. Although it states Visual Basic 2012, it equally applies to 2013 and perhaps the author should maybe publish a newer title as I could not find an equivalent book for 2013. My summary is that if you want to learn Visual Basic 2012/13 this is the only book you need. Well written and a joy to read and work with.
on 16 September 2013
This book is a great start. I had experience with VBA but not with VB nor with Visual Studio. The book gets you up to speed to start with Visual Studio and VB. The coding examples rae sometimes a bit light, but still they helped.
The chapter regarding working with a database left me still with a lot of questions. Therfore I purchased a separate book regarding ADO.NET.
But still it was fun to go through this book and make the proposed execises.
on 9 July 2013
I am two chapters into this book, and as a short sighted person I am finding it very hard to read the code examples, even though I have resorted to using a small magnifying glass as well as my spectacles. I dont see why the code examples couldn't be made the same size as the main text, but maybe put in Bold or Italics. I'm thinking of giving this book away & getting a different Visual Basic primer.
on 2 March 2014
was upgrading from VB6 to this - has help quite a bit - can be dipped into or used for its main purpose of learning VB
on 24 March 2013
Step by step guide to using VB 2012. Less detail that some might like but a great book for your first foray into VB2012
on 23 October 2015
THE BOOK GAVE A DOWNLOAD SITE WHICH DID NOT WORK . THE BOOK I BOUGHT IN APPROXIMATELY 2005-2008 " TEACH YOURSELF VISUAL BASIC 6 IN 24 HOURS " HAD A NICE CD WITH IT AND I HAD NO TROUBLE AS THE CD DID EVERYTHING . SO IF THE BOOK PUBLISHERS " SAMS OF USA " DO NOT INCLUDE A CD IN FUTURE I WILL NOT BUY ANOTHER BOOK . THE TROUBLE IS MY NEW COMPUTER IS A 64 - BIT ARCHITECTURE AND VISUAL VASIC 6 ONLY WORKS ON A 16 OR 32 - BIT COMPUTER

WILLIAM GIBB .