on 1 November 2015
Recognisable 'pop' style tracks and darker, nastier tunes. Good mix with very few filler tracks. Worth a punt if you're newer to the dubstep scene, I've been more into house in the past but took a shot on this and really enjoyed it.
on 28 April 2013
After buying The Sound of Dubstep volumes 3 and 4, my expectations were not remotely high for another volume, however, I was rather surprised by this volume, the others I thought to be sooo boring, with merely 2 or 3 tracks of any note, this volume had an entire CD and a third second full of... better than average tunes, still none I found to be anywhere in the league of Valhalla by SPL & Triage.

CD 1 is the better disc of the two as I said earlier, with it being of the best consistency, the second disc however, takes up to track 7 to get going and then drops off again at track 14, after-which it is just a mind-numbingly drone of tedious noises, most not even worth bothering with.

Overall, this could have been a decent release, unfortunately in true Ministry of Sound style, it died. As said the first CD is the better of the two in this release, but they're not really quality tunes and do nothing to inspire me to give the genre any more of my money.
on 2 January 2013
I'm the kind of guy that likes the new style more upbeat and frantic dubstep, not a purist! What would be cd1 is absolutely immense, a real good blend of frantic then slightly more down beat, but a real journey through some dance floor bangers!
What would be cd2 is very nice back to the old style, a lot more down beat tracks, not necessarily a bad thing but not my style.
On the whole a great cd/mp3 purchase!
on 15 April 2013
I am really getting into the Dubstep scene and I really enjoyed this album. There is a good mix of Trance type Dubstep along with some darker tracks. I have 1, 3 and 4 in my collection already and this is my second favorite, if this is something you are just coming in to or just gaining another to the collection then it is worth the money.
on 8 November 2012
This is amazing! You need to listen to rattle candyland remix. It's awesome. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes good music
on 8 December 2012
This is an accomplished collection of dubstep I really like the first few tracks.

I love it and listen to it a lot.
on 18 July 2014
It was a gift for my brother, who loves dubstep. He played non-stop for about a month. Do I think that means he liked it.
on 13 August 2014
Bought this for my teenage son but loved it so much it has made it's way into my collection! A dubstep convert ;)
on 2 January 2013
Bought for nephew for Christmas. He must love it as he has been told to turn the volume down many times already.
on 2 August 2013
With some great tunes on it. Every tume is quality and well worth getting. Glad i added this to my collection.