on 13 May 2016
One stopped working after 6 months
Supplier blank walled all my emails - very frustrating as I can't charge 2 whilst 2 are in the apparatus.
Avoid this supplier
on 11 October 2013
I think that these batteries are good value way in front the rest and I will buy more
Patrick Morris
on 15 December 2015
The fact these arrive fully charged and have a very low self discharge rate had me sold on them and over the past 12 months I've been slowly replacing all my usual batteries with these. They last significantly longer than standard budget zinc carbon batteries. The build quality appears great and even the printed wrapper has a tight and high-end finish, including the metallic blue printed ink for the logo text. After the arrival of our child and the subsequent influx of electronic gadgetry and toys I'm glad I made the switch.
on 15 April 2013
What can you say about Eneloops that hasn't already been said? They arrive charged, you use them like normal batteries in pretty much anything (even in low current stuff TV remote controls) and after a few months recharge them and use them again. One or two products don't like them due to the slightly lower voltage compared to Alkaline batteries (I have heard of issues with LED Lenser Torches) but most modern kit seems fine (we have no issues at all in all sorts of items)

They easily pay for themselves, last years and they are good for the environment (no chemical filled batteries to recycle / landfill). What more could you want?

We have been using Eneloops pretty much since the original 1000x rechargeables came out about 7 years ago - and they are still going strong! The latest ones can be recharged even more (as of Apr 2013 it is 1800x)

One tip (not sure if it really matters) but I marks in pairs / fours and keep them for specific devices. So if over time the batteries do age you aren't mixing them up. The white casing is ideal for writing on with an OHP or CD pen
HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 22 October 2014
Eneloop are my top choice when it comes to batteries. They offer great performance, reliability and charge retention through the years.

There are various generations of eneloop batteries with Sanyo producing the first 3 generations. In 2013 Sanyo was acquired by Panasonic and the 4th generation was introduced. Other variants were also introduced by Panasonic.

These HR-4UTGB Eneloop batteries are the are the 3rd and last (standard eneloop) generation produced by Sanyo. They are top quality NiMH offering:

• 750 to 800mAh
• Astounding 1500 charge cycles
• Awesome charge retention through the years: 90% after 1 year / 80% after 3 years / 70% after 5 years
• Virtually leak proof if left in a device

They come in a handy sturdy case which can store 5 AAA batteries or 4 AA batteries.

Tip: In order to achieve maximum longevity and optimal performance use a quality smart charger designed for NiMH batteries. In contrast to dumb chargers, these will monitor the voltage of each individual battery and avoid under or overcharging.

These batteries will last for many years, and given the price they should definitely be on your short list!
review image
on 9 May 2016
These are great, they hold their charge for ages and don't need recharging for ages. Even when charged and sitting unused they stay charged at the ready. We are really happy with this purchase. They were recommended to us and we weren't disappointed. They are perfect for our camera, digital scales, anywhere you need high powered AAA's. Wish I'd discovered them sooner. Why are they not more widely known?
on 11 May 2014
The batteries were partly charged when they arrived, I don't have a meter to test the level. They are working well in my cordless phones, time will tell as to how long they last, but at the moment I am very happy with them. The price (£6.88 inc. postage) was good.
on 8 January 2014
You can find the same products on other well used buying websites but i always return to amazon because they find a better price and i feel that it is safe, always a very good service.best rechargable batteries i have used 5 stars
on 12 February 2014
We've bought Eneloop rechargeable batteries previously (AA type) so we were already aware of how good they were and how well they lasted - and these are the same!!! They also come ready charged which is a bonus. Great product.
on 12 February 2014
These replaced a cheaper brand for a high powered torch and the difference is night and day!! Instant high power than doesn't slowly dim away, well pleased with the performance and price! I just have to see how long they last.