on 11 February 2013
My daughter really wanted this and I must say it was better than I expected. Other reviews were quite negative but we managed to make some really quite nice ice cream. The kids liked it anyway. We had to use less milk and more cream to make it work properly and the chocolate recipe was a disaster (hence only 3 stars) . I think the chocolate syrup must affect the freezing temperature so it turned into sludge. It worked much better as plain ice cream then added sauce on top. The second time we used it the lid of the ice box broke which was very annoying. We did get a replacement though and no problems so far.
on 28 December 2015
At first I thought this was a complete waste of money as we only managed to produce cold milkshake! However, after reading the reviews I took out the syrup and used more cream and it worked quite well. In the end my 7 year old was very pleased, after her initial disappointment.
on 29 November 2013
Great product for the price. This item was brought for my eight year old daughter, who has really enjoyed using it to make frozen yogurt and fruit desserts. Very easy to use.
on 27 July 2014
Yes it is basic but obviously you get what you pay for. You will not make top quality ice cream with this. However, it does make soft ice cream very fast which is, let's face it, what children want. If you fancy a bowl of ice cream fast then you will get it. Took ten minutes maybe to make and was very easy. I think it helps to understand that you won't be making super thick ice cream and also you will need to help children as it's slightly fiddly getting it out once it starts to turn. However, overall, for the price I paid, I am very happy and most importantly so are the children!!
on 15 November 2013
I bought this and the first two times it worked. Then it was absolutely impossible to get the lid on the drum. The actual Ice cream was fine, but impossible to use the maker so I just used the recipe. Think carefully about buying this before you do...
on 25 December 2015
Machine is fine for what you pay. First attempt, following the instructions and after 30 mins of churning we managed to get one third of the cup of melting ice cream. Very disappointing for the kids as they expected to have a cup of ice cream straight away (15mins later).
We used 150g of salt!! Poor end results. I do not recommend.
on 31 May 2014
I bought this for my 7 year grand daughter who loved it. It did work as stated and was easy to use. It did make a reasonable amount of ice cream ie more than just 1 portion so you can share what you make!
on 4 January 2014
After reading instructions and putting the correct amount of ingredients it still wouldn't turn to ice cream the kids where very disappointed I wouldn't recommend it not happy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,
on 10 February 2015
fantastic product, however it requires a lot of salt which was a problem as we have to buy more every time we want to use it. Furthermore I suggest using more cream. Around a 2:1 ratio of cream to milk.
on 7 August 2014
Young friend quite liked this but felt that the instructions were not that helpful but at the end it did make good ice-cream