Price:£0.99

on 11 January 2016
As "Bond theme's" go, this is my favourite by far. Adele produces a powerful pop ballad that follows in the footsteps of "Dame Shirley Bassey" Gold finger, Diamonds are forever etc,
The theme works perfectly with the opening sequence and graphics and leads us brilliantly into the early plot of the film.
How she did not get a UK number 1 with this classic is well beyond me!.
on 6 January 2016
Better than Sam Smith, his song, nor his voice doesn't relate to the movie (Spectre). Whereas Adele is the total opposite, I've always thought Bond movies should have female voices for the lead song. Males just can't cut it, sorry Sam.
on 15 February 2013
Sometimes difficult to find songs primary school children find exciting to listen to but that have suitable lyrics. This fits the bill. The style is a bit retro but cool. You can hear the classic James Bond theme in the accompaniment. It's good for illustrating music building to a climax. Adele sounds great too.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 6 May 2013
I think there will be probably more enduring Bond movie theme's than this one, but its one that certainly ridden the crest of the wave by following on from Adele's proliffic success with "21" and on the aback of Skyfall being the 50th anniversary bond film.

It is good, but the I do find the phrasing a bit elongated ("skyfalllll", "crummbbbbllle")

I would class it as an impact song however, and have used it as an opener to my "1921" Adele playlist, in the absence of an impact song from "19".
on 15 March 2013
What can I say... I think Adele is terrific not only does she have a superb voice, she is also a very personable girl loved by those who have met her. Even in a Motorway café she'll sit and chat with other diners. No airs and graces.

So why then, you ask, only four stars. The Skyfall theme tune was most definitely BOND more than ADELE and didn't reach the standard she set on 21. Of course, this is only my opinion and you might feel differently.

The fact is...I still bought it AFTER hearing it.
on 11 August 2013
Superb Bond Theme song - powerful vocal from Adele, excellent title sequence in the Skyfall movie to complement the lyrics. Excellent ! Some of the rhyming lyrics a little contrived admittedly but the key changes, harmonious backing vocals and scale of the song work for me. If she stays at the top for a few years could we see Adele do a 'Bassey' ?
on 2 March 2014
I can understand why this may not be everyone's cup of tea (it's Ralph Lauren rather than Jean Paul Gaultier) but from the moment I first heard it in the cinema I fell in love with it. The music and arrangement are classic Bond, and Adele's voice is beautiful including the individual pronunciation. I also really like the production - unusually for modern track it has real dynamic range (quiet bits and loud bits) - perhaps because it was made for film?
on 4 January 2014
No surprise that this track won the 2013 Oscar for Best Original Song. Adele was an inspired choice to deliver the right balance between a recognisably Bond Theme tune while also being sympathetic to the plot - in this case quite dark and moody. Great stuff.
on 12 June 2014
I find this track quite powerful and have probably listened to it 20-30 times now. Somehow the recording seems a little... 'less' ...than the version in the film itself, but that might just be my imagination.
on 12 August 2013
It just sounds like a bond theme. It so fits this great film. Adele is of course, a great performer. Very pleased with the download. Brilliant atmosphere in the song. Daniel Craig seems to be fitting into the Bond roll well now.