on 6 March 2016
This is an average product that does act quite well as Bluetooth speaker but the microphone to use it as Conf call device is that bad no one can hear you, so ended up using it as a paper weight on desk.
on 21 July 2016
great product
on 24 February 2013
Could not believe how good the sound was coming out of such a small device (roughly just smaller than a tennis ball).
on 21 August 2014
great sound :) i would buy again
on 24 February 2013
I didn't have great hopes for this speaker, due to the price. But the sound quality, the build quality and wireless range are great.
on 18 October 2012
This speaker gives surprisingly good sound considering the price bracket it's in.

Clarity is very sharp on a wide variety of audio from songs, movies to general YouTube videos etc.

Bass reproduction isn't ground shaking but most importantly is distortion free and provides nice and clean sound.

Setup is as easy as any other Bluetooth device and range is sufficient.

Build quality is very impressive and would suggest that it should be in a higher price bracket when you take it out of the box and use if for the first time.

Overall considering price, quality of finish and product it's great value for money.

5-stars from me
88 Comments| 130 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 August 2014
I've put together a quick video so you can get an idea of the audio quality of this speaker. Stick some headphones on if you're on a laptop/mobile and hit play for a quick overview and 3 tests or read on for the normal review...

(Audio test starts at 3 mins 30 secs)

OVERALL VERDICT

A well made, robust and stylish little speaker with many premium features at a very low price point. Excellent audio quality for the price and it comes with decent accessories. Battery life is just about as claimed and the bluetooth setup is quick and painless.

IN THE BOX

3.5mm jack (male to male)
MicroUSB cable
Non slip mat
Speaker itself

BUILD QUALITY

Excellent. That's all I can say really, it's brushed aluminium shell is lightweight, stylish and strong and the speaker grill is very robust meaning I'd have no qualms throwing this in a bag with other bits and bobs.

The rubber foot on the bottom provides built in non-slip for extra security which is a nice touch. The switches are positive, the little light isn't too annoying and everything has a nice feel of 'attention to detail'.

BATTERY LIFE

I'm generally getting the claimed performance. Standby lasts ages, I've not actually managed to run it out by just leaving it though I get about 8-10 hours playback when in use over Bluetooth. Charging is quick (a couple hours).

BLUETOOTH

This has connected to a windows desktop, MacBook Pro, Nexus 5, iPhone 4s and 5s, iPad Retina and Nexus 7 (not all mine!) without any problems whatsoever. The only thing to watch out for it that when switching from one device to another you may need to make sure that the 'old' device is disconnected and Bluetooth is off, particularly on a MacBook as sometimes devices say they're disconnected but actually 'hold on' to the connection and won't let the speaker pair to a new device.

AUDIO QUALITY

You can hear for yourself in the video but for those unable to watch it the quality AT THIS PRICE POINT is incredible. Remember, that's at this price point. More money will get you much smoother and richer bass and greater clarity all round but for this price then you are getting a very very very good product.

Bass response won't blow you away like a large speaker would but equally for it's size it's an very impressive output. It's much better than any of the speakers built in to a mobile device/tablet or laptop and the greater volume output makes this great for outdoor parties, trips to the beach, picnics, BBQ's festivals or whatever.
11 Comment| 23 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 April 2013
I have other bluetooth speakers but wanted a small one to bring to work. Ordered this unit and it arrived on time.

Problem with bluetooth connection. It pairs as it should but the connection drops every now and again even when the connected phone is about 5 feet away from the speaker. This becomes worse when I try to touch the phone to change a song or change the volume. It looses the connection for about 1 to 3 seconds but reconnects again.

Before anyone comments about my phone, I have tried x2 Galaxy S3's and x2 Nexus 7's and the connection problem is the same, so I can safely say the speaker is faulty or has problem.
========================================

Edit 18/04/2013
I have contacted the seller and they sent me a replacement unit. I am happy to say that bluetooth problem has now gone.

What I like abouth this speaker:

confirmation beep/s when the speaker has entered pairing mode, when speaker is successfully paired, and when the and when it is unpaired.

10 hours of battery life as opposed to 5 hours on the Tecevo S10 which I also have.

The more universally used Micro usb port for charging against the mini usb port of the Tecevo S10

separate 3.5mm audio jack which is also universal, against the integrated port with USB with bespoke leads on the Tecevo S10

Sound quality is excellent, just like the Tecevo S10, but it is just a wee bit clinical, as opposed to the little punchy Tecevo S10, but this difference is really very very minimal you will not notice the difference when listening outdoors.

If you will ask me which one I like better, my answer will be this speaker due to the fact that battery lasts longer and I can use my phone charger with it. Aslo there is no loud hissing sound on this unit compared to the Tecevo S10. I have tested two of the SW100, and 3 units on the Tecevo S10, and the S10 had loud hissing on all of them.

SOLID 5 stars !!!

Please also read my review on the Tecevo S10, I gave it 3.5 stars - http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00A4DBJQM/ref=cm_cr_pr_hist_4?ie=UTF8&filterBy=addFourStar&showViewpoints=0

I will post pics of the speakers later...
on 25 April 2017
The reason I bought the SONIVO SW100 is because my mobile will only reliably pick up a phone signal from upstairs in my house and I don't want to spend all my time at home upstairs, Yes I could have bought a smart watch but I wanted something I didn't have to charge up every night (its bad enough the mobile needs charging every night!!) If the phone companies got there act together then yes I wouldn't have had to buy this item but I suppose it is a cost/benefit thing.

Anyway I received it and placed it on charge for an hour to get some juice into it. I then paired to my mobile, a Samsung S3 (OK not state of art but works) I had a little bit of trouble pairing but that was a problem with my Samsung phone and not the SW100, to get the Bluetooth on a Samsung S3 to work properly you had to go into settings widget to see items you want to paired, this may be the problem with some people who couldn't pair to the SW100 if they were trying to pair using the drop down screen on the home screen.

The build quality, well it is solid and made of metal not the plastic I was expecting, It sounds ok not the best but not horrible and tinny and when your use it for phone call's the speech is clear which in my case is all I'm worried about, I think it helps that it comes with a rubber mat as this will stop vibration through coffee tables etc. I've used it holding it I'm my hand and there is quite a lot of power coming from this little speaker

Anyway performance, I had a phone call and answered it, initially the caller couldn't hear me, I had to move the mic to approximately 50cm from me and make sure its pointed directly at me.so the caller could hear me clearly. The mic is very directional and I will be experimenting with it further away to see if it is a highly directional mic but for the cost you can put up with that.

How long will it last on a charge? well I charged it for 3 hours and it has lasted a week with switching off at night when I go to bed so It's Ideal for the use I want to use it for and if you want to play music all day then just put it on charge using a USB charger.

So for a tad over a tenner on prime it does the job I want it to do and in the end that's all I care about.
on 23 March 2014
This a belting little device - I really couldn't believe either the quality or volume of the sound such a tiny speaker can produce! Very impressed indeed, it more than does the job for the kitchen which is what I bought it for. Particularly impressed with the amount of bass it can kick out. It also looks very smart, brushed metal and so tiny it just sits unobtrusively in the corner doing its thing.

The bad news is that the bluetooth range is very poor. If I move my iPhone/iPad more than 6 feet away the sound starts to drop out. This is not actually a problem for me as I don't mind keeping the phone nearby in the kitchen, but you need to be aware of it if you plan to keep your device further away. It may be that I have a dodgy unit, at the same time I bought a very cheap no-brand chinese waterproof bluetooth speaker for my shower and the range is at least 4-5 times as good as this. If range mattered to me I would have sent it back.

But for me that doesn't detract from the brilliant sound quality and volume, for me these are what matters and it's brilliant in these respects.