on 10 June 2013
I bought this to speed up my old HDD. My desktop is a 5 yr old running W7 Core 2 Duo 3GHz, 4 GB RAM. Despite a completely fresh install of W7 8 months ago, it was still slow. After fitting this, turbo charged!

Pros - this will really speed up your system, For big tasks like a system reload or a full virus scan I recon they are only taking 25% of the time previously. Booting into Windows is a dream, again a fraction of the previous time. Well, well worth it. 5 year guarantee.

Cons - expensive. There are cheaper disks out there, but would they be as fast? Software with it is virtually useless - if you try and clone your disk with it it reports that the destination drive (ie the new one) is smaller than the drive being cloned, even if it that is only 35% full - there is no intelligent copy option of only copying sectors which actually have data on them. Who would have a new SSD larger than their old HDD?? So you need to get some 3rd party cloning software, or do a fresh install of your OS.

Finally, remember to switch off the Windows defrag - this is not required with SSDs.
on 27 November 2013
Was upgrading from a 120 GB SSD to a 240 GB SSD.
Used a caddy to connect my new SSD to my PC via a USB2/3 cable supplied with the caddy.
DO NOT USE THE ENCLOSED Disk to transfer files or for the Magician , they are way out of date!!!
Downloaded the transfer program and Magician from the Samsung web site.
Followed the instructions for cloning the current C Drive, took a while but was satisfactory.
Removed old C drive SSD and fitted new SSD. Started the PC up again and the it all worked. The new SSD was DriveC and all the old C drive had been cloned on to the new one - EASY!!
Very Fast Read Score is 551 and Write Score is 473
Pleased with the way the C Dive wascloned to the new SSD and with the SSD speed. Excellent product
on 8 March 2015
I have two of these SSDs in my PC setup, one contains and boots up windows within seconds and I record video, audio and run different operations with the other. The read speed on SSDs are known to be fast but none have been this fast. This makes your PC life more comfortable and puts the "ease" in ease of use. Samsung SSDs are the best quality when it comes to solid state storage.
on 13 March 2014
Put this into a 4 year old MacBook Pro. Can't believe the difference. Machine now so lightening fast. Had to reboot three or four times after fitting just for the pleasure of seeing it burst into life so quickly! So impressed I got another one for a work laptop with similar results.
on 29 August 2017
Bought this for my 2009 macbook pro after the hard drive had failed twice, four years on and it is still going strong. best upgrade I could have made, the speed difference is very noticeable and I feel much more confident it will keep running.
I work as a wedding photographer so speed and reliability are very important to me and this SSD drive has given me both.
on 26 January 2017
Now it is more than a couple of years old, I seem to hear a faint annoying ticking noises during data access. Could that be some noisy caps!!!
on 28 January 2016
Lasted 11moths and the drive died. Sent back and Samsung did replace BUT with a 850 Pro. So my advise is use an 850 Pro, posibly an issue with 840 or my batch.
on 9 September 2017
Good upgrade for commodore 64.
on 24 November 2016
very good
on 13 March 2015
Have had this for well over a year now, bought here. Working very well still. Down to 94% wear now with a 24/7 on computer - no defrag of course, just normal wear.