on 20 January 2011
The 'hero' is a hired assassin, Donovan Creed and the book is fast paced and witty. Totally unpredicatable with twists and turns I never saw coming. The main character, despite being a hired assassin with little or no moral code, is extremely likeable. And I think its that aspect that I enjoyed the most. His unconventional attitude meant that I was kept guessing where the book was going, unlike most crime thrillers where you usually know where you're headed.

I've now read all of the series and none have disappointed. One Tip - read them in order if you can. They CAN be read as stand alone, but the references to what happened in earlier books make much more sense. I think this is the correct order -

1. Lethal People:

2. Lethal Experiment:

3. Saving Rachel:

4. Now & Then:

5. Wish List:

6. A Girl Like You

7. Vegas Moon (In Progress - Expected Kindle release: April 15, 2011)

If you like the Robert Crais 'Elvis Cole' Books, then you'll love these!!
on 28 January 2011
This is the second Donovan Creed book I've read and have found them both great reads, this one in particular. For a 5-6 hour reading thrill I don't think these books can be beaten.
on 28 July 2011
I liked the first John Locke book I read and this one started out well, but the experiment part of the plot somehow got lost midway through and then the book became a bit fragmented and episodic with assassinations that seemed to have no relation to the lethal experiment plotline. It did refer back to the experiment thread at the end of the book, but I got the impression there was quite a bit of padding in the book to reach the required length. I did like the book, though, and will read more of John Locke's work. However because of the episodic nature of the last part of the book I can only give it 3 stars.
on 5 January 2016
I am becoming addicted to these books already and would highly recommend them. Well written love the story as with the first very unexpected events beyond what you could possibly image and very witty. Well worth the read
on 9 February 2011
I love Donovan Creed. He might not be the perfect gentleman, but there is something attractive about this charismatic serial killer who loves his daughter... I have read all the books in the series and can heartily recommend them to anyone who enjoys a light-hearted thriller.
on 10 June 2014
This is my 2nd John Locke read, the man's just amazing. Just enough grimness to make you squirm, excellent worked out
plot with lots of twist and turns, and those witty comments that just keep popping up, love it. Off to get some more books from this guy.
on 3 September 2014
This book has a twist in it that I never saw coming! I won't spoil it for you but oh my god! Mr Locke certainly puts his characters through it! I really enjoyed it so much so that I am already reading the next one
on 3 August 2013
I really enjoyed the first Donovan Creed book, and this one was similar in it was light hearted, easy to read and enjoyable. However I found the story on this one slightly lacking, I ended up finishing the book without realising a storyline had been started! The ending took me completely by surprise and although I felt there wasn't much to it, it was still an enjoyable easy read that left me wanting to read the next book.
on 9 June 2013
I was not blown away by the first book so when I went to buy the second and saw it was 59p I thought I'll give it another chance and I am so glad I did! This book is by far so much better, better understood and better story about Creed. Although I would say these books do need to read in order that's one thing otherwise you'll not understand a lot if concepts and characters in the book.
on 16 June 2013
The second in the Donovan Creed series. Loved this one, it reminded of 'the box' a film about a couple who take money whilst knowing someone dies when they do. But the twists in this, including medical conditions and Donovan's development certainly made for interesting reading. Love this series!