VINE VOICEon 30 October 2015
I know this has a lot of positive reviews, but for the money (I paid a little over £60) I don't think it's worth the money - I expected more of a premium piece of equipment.

For
* the green laser is very good
* the rubber coating is nice
* it came with a 4GB, not the advertised 2GB
* the case is OK
* it uses standard AAA batteries

Against:
* the cursor control isn't great - I feel like I'll break the joystick to get it moving
* the joystick feels cheap and flimsy
* the switches for on/off and mouse/presentation control aren't very positive
* the presentation buttons make quite a loud click when pressed
* no timer with buzzer
* it's bigger than expected

Overall, I really can't recommend this over one of the cheaper alternatives - the price just doesn't justify the difference. If this was £20 I'd have said it was worth it, but at 3x or even 4x the price of a basic remote there just isn't a significant jump in quality to justify it.

In the Kensington range the differences over more basic models are the green laser, the storage and mouse control; there is no difference in build quality. For me, the mouse control isn't viable, the green laser isn't *that* much better than red and the storage is useful, but I've not been anywhere where someone didn't have thumb drive in years.

If I lose this one, which is what happened to my last one which served me well for many years, I'll be getting a cheaper model.
on 21 January 2017
Works exactly as described. You can select mouse or pointer mode and the green last is nice and bright. Ability to carry your presentations on the micro SD card Also means you save a USB port on your computer.
on 27 April 2017
Bit bulky. Weak laser.Not good as supposed to be on lcd screens . mouse function is rubbish and you'll barely use it.dongle gets v hot as per other reviews due to memory card.stick to a cheap 7 pen pointer off eBay. ...the laser will be much better.
on 7 March 2017
Purchased for LCD screen as it quotes (green laser is 10 times brighter than a standard red laser & suitable for use on bright plasma & LCD displays) but in fact this doesn't work and is no better than the red laser. The search continues for a good product!
on 23 March 2017
The green laser light stopped working 2 days into a 5 day course, although other functions worked correctly. Extremely inconenient!
Have received a replacement, but have not used it yet.
on 18 May 2014
I can walk around the lab and yet still contol the presentation. Laser is far superior to my old red one. The added chip lets me keep all my classes in o e place, great backup idea.
on 12 April 2017
I have bought two both of which stopped working within 6 months - but only 3 or 4 uses - the first I put down to bad luck but the second means I will be looking elsewhere
on 10 December 2016
The main body does not hold/ retain the USB/ pen drive. It is very loose. Is it normal? I was not expecting that. I am disappointed with that.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 February 2016
I purchased this item for use at work a year and a half ago, and since purchasing it, have been asked by many others at work if they can borrow it, as it is so good.

It has worked with every laptop/PC we have tried it with from a dongle plug and play perspective.

The presenter comes in a handy neoprene type pouch, and the dongle stows away in the handle of the presenter.

The green Laser pointer is brilliant, and bright enough to be seen in any office/meeting room environment without needing the lights down low, although it can take a moment for the light to come on after pressing the button.

The dual mode joystick and buttons are brilliant, allowing you to switch between simple slide navigation (works perfectly with all versions of Microsoft Powerpoint), and mouse movement. This comes in handy if you have any embedded video or web links in slides and need to be able to mouse click or navigate around, and saves you having to reach for the laptop, which can look so unprofessional. The change in behaviour is done through a simple slider on the side of the unit, so you can do everything single handed.

The blackout button is perfect where you are presenting onto a whiteboard and need to write on it, so need to blank out the presentation temporarily.

I have not used the memory stick functionality, so cannot comment on this capability.

The presenter takes readily available AAA batteries (x2) contrary to the details on the listing which suggest they take 2 x LR44 button batteries, which I can assure you it doesn't.

Overall, and absolute must have for any business which does a lot of presentations, and for those people who travel around presenting in different locations. Keep it in your laptop bag and you wont regret having it.
VINE VOICEon 26 November 2014
My old pointer was damaged and the laser quite wreak so it was time for an upgrade.
This worked straight out of the box and the ability to use as a pointer or a mouse gives great flexibility.
The presentation functions work as expected with the usual forward, backward and 'hide' functions working perfectly.
The green laser is much better than my old red one, and shows up clearer in bright environments or if using on a tv type display.
The mouse functions are a great bonus, and give extra flexibility if you need to demonstrate some software function during a presentation.
Finally, the icing on the cake is the memory card function, this means I can ensure I always have key presentations with me.

All in all an easily recommended product, don't let the price put you off, it's worth it.