on 18 July 2014
These may cost a lot,but if you want real clear sound and a microphone that's second to none then I suggest seriously looking at this headset. The old adage 'you get what you pay for' shines through here as games have taken a whole new life and voice comms with friends is now ultra clear.
As a glasses wearer these are so comfortable I can't say "wow" enough as I forget I have them on.SO much better than my last headset that used to crush my glasses into my temples. Not so with the Blackshark's as the ear cups have ultra soft foam cushions that give almost total immersion.
Some may complain that the bass is too high but I haven't yet found it to be a problem and besides,the bass can be manually adjusted on the computer to lessen it.
on 29 April 2017
If you're an audiophile who's just going to listen to music, then these will disappoint you. However if you use them for gaming, I'd say these are almost second to none.
The mic transmits through Discord, mumble etc crystal clear (which is nice after being disappointed with the mic of the hyper x cloud II headset). The sound is fantastic and rich, it's fairly heavy on bass but for games full of explosions, gunshots etc a lot of bass is great!
The only issue I have with the headset is that there is no mute button for the microphone which is a bit of a pain if you don't live alone and have people wandering in and out of your room talking to you...and for that I have taken off 1 star from this otherwise 5-star headset.

Despite this, I'd still highly recommend this headset.
Gamers have a strange attitude towards Razer, with many trashing them because it's cool to trash them. My experience with razer has been nothing but fantastic, I've had 3 different Razer headsets over the last 5 years, each one of them outstanding and still working today as if they were new out of the box despite such heavy use.
You won't be disappointed.
on 16 January 2015
I first bought a Razer Kraken 7.1.
Since I sometimes work from home, I need to be able to use Microsoft Lync.
Razer Kraken 7.1 wouldn't work with Lync (Not sure if it does now, but it didn't at that time) as it wasn't compatible, so Razer support let me trade in my Razer Kraken for a Blackshark.

I must say, this headset looks fantastic, it sounds fantastic and the quality is just incomparable to any other "gaming headset" in this price range. (Real stainless steel, real screws that you can adjust height etc)

It doesn't require any of Razer Synapse software settings, which makes this a plug & play headset (I personally love that).
The head cushion and ear cushions are very comfortable, I can wear it for hours and hours.

The microphone is amazing, with its windshield protection, my mates over Mumble/Teamspeak and my customers over Lync calls have both said that it sounds very good and there's barely any background noise, even though I've had the fan next to me during hot summer days.

I've used this product for almost a year, and I've loved every minute of using them.
I strongly advise you to pay the extra and get a Blackshark instead of Kraken!
on 16 April 2015
At first I brought this headset for its looks (and the fact I needed a new headset) but after getting it and configuring the razer surround sound and jumping in to a game of Call of Duty I was amazed at its perfect pin point accuracy of sound like I would hear a gun shot or even a footstep and immediately because of my new headset (the blackshark) I new were they were it was like I had all ready got the kill streak blackbird but not only is it amazing in game and out it is soooo comfy with its memory foam ear cups and beautifully squishy top part so to sum this up it deserves much more than 5/5 it deserves a easy 8.8/8 m8 but no seriously exelant headset must recommend
on 1 July 2013
I bought these headphones looking for a good balance of comfort, sound quality and a good integrated microphone. Although the pads are relatively large and soft, they still sit on top of my ears (unlike my acoustic headphones) and I find it uncomfortable to wear them for extended periods. The integrated microphone is good, although the attachment that keeps it in place and out of the way when you're not using it has a tendency to pop free.

The extension which splits the dual microphone and headphone jack is appreciated, allowing the headphones to be used on newer sockets and older, separate mic/out jacks. No complaints on the sound quality for gaming.

I continue to look for the perfect set of headphones that can live up to what I want, but these are a solid choice for gaming.
on 18 April 2017
have had mine over a year i use and abuse them everyday audio quality amazing and they are very comfortable and strong with there metal construction although replacement parts are hard if not impossible to find
on 26 May 2013
This headset is outstanding.

When I first received it, it looked much smaller than I assumed, but in no way is this negative.

Other than that, everything is good. The bass is incredible and the earcups are by far the most comfortable I have ever worn. The mic is very clear and there is a noticeable difference from my previous headset (Turtle Beach X12).

I would recommend this to anyone. Great purchase
on 31 March 2015
Bought it as Christmas present for my son who loves it
I fully recommend it 100%
on 17 December 2015
Lasted just over a year and typically the end plug in jack as deteriorated and I am now attempting to solder a new one on.
My son liked them and the only complaint was if you wear them for a long period your ears start to feel like 2 braised lamb chops.
on 1 September 2014
Amazing piece of kit! After only ever using Turtle beach headsets I wanted a change, so when I brought an Xbox One and needed a headset the Razer Blackshark ticked all the boxes! (It's not officially an Xbox One headset but works perfectly with the xbox stereo adapter!).

The headset is incredibly comfortable and well built with the majority being metal construction. The sound quality is brilliant although very bass heavy which is great for shooting/driving games. The Microphone quality is also very impressive and many of my friends have commented on the big difference of voice clarity!

Great headset, good job razer!