on 4 August 2013
If you like a light hearted murder series set in amazing scenery, then you will love this. Very Italian and compulsive viewing.
on 11 February 2013
As ever, Inspector Montalbano is the best! Can't wait for the next collection and hope that they keep on making the series
on 8 April 2013
whats left to say about this colourful ,witty, character
driven series! three cheers to BBc 4 for getting this,
long may it last.
on 23 January 2013
I am happy that was the thing that I want,I suggest to see all the episod .delibery was in time
on 28 February 2013
I WOULD LOVE IT IF WE HAD RECEIVED IT BUT SO FAR I AM STILL WAITING! CAN YOU ASSIST ME PLEASE
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 26 August 2013
I have reviewed this series elsewhere on Amazon and I have the utmost praise for it. I now have all 20 episodes of the original series on DVD as well as the recordings made during the original transmission spanning 2012/13 on UK television.

What makes this series so special for me is the beautiful island of Sicily where the series was filmed. Most of the locations are filmed 'on location' in the southern tip of the island where Montalbano's home is located, adjacent to the famous lighthouse. A few of the place names have been changed in the series but it is not difficult to locate them using Google Street View. I have spent many hours wandering around the streets of Sicily and it is unlike any other place I have ever visited. It is the strange mix of ancient Italian cities and towns in a modern context that treats the imagination to a spectacle found in very few places on Earth. Having watched the series I have acquired a yearning to visit the island myself one day.
4 people found this helpful
on 17 August 2013
Luca Zingaretti has settled into the role of Inspector Montalbano as John Thaw did so unforgettably with Inspector Morse. He is now the only Salvo we will ever accept! While some stories are outstanding, every one is of the highest calibre and never disappoints. - Every shrug, raised eyebrow and pained expression has its own special niche in the ensemble production that means each series can be watched and enjoyed time and again. So I wont be selling Salvo and the gang on any time soon and would highly recommend this and all the collections I've watched so far to those who love their mysteries laced with character and charm. And, of course, the Sicilian backdrop is breathtaking.
One person found this helpful
on 2 February 2013
Exciting stories about crime detection in Sicily. The characters are well developed, and the background makes you want to visit the island. The dialogue is in Italian, but subtitles make the story easy to follow. Most enjoyable, and I am collecting the entire set.
7 people found this helpful
on 28 April 2013
Loved when I first viewed it - all just literally falls into his lap doesn't it, I mean the clues, but one gets so engrossed in the beautiful women, the Sicilian scenery along the coast where the series is filmed and the food, the Italian food - you have to be enjoying a bowl of spaghetti vongale and a good red wine when watching. Not to be taken too seriously - just enjoy! And then, wait for the next series ....
on 1 March 2013
The Montalbano series is charming, engaging, entertaining and above all unmistakably Italian. Montalbano swims in the sea every morning before the serious business of solving crimes begins and always makes time for lunch in his faourite restaurant. The Sicilian location is key to the appeal: this plus the loveable characters, engaging storylines and great acting make it excellent. Our only problem is what to watch when we've finished watching all of these - more please!
One person found this helpful