on 5 November 2013
Very pleased with my sound bar. Certainly advanced my sound levels both tone and volume and gives it depth the TV was missing. Recommended for price
on 25 February 2016
We do like this and it has an excellent sound but we are trying to find out why we seem to have a speech delay not sure if it is the sound bar or the tv I think it is only on certain programs so it may only be from what we have pre recorded but it is great really good quality we are happy with the product...
on 2 May 2017
The sound bar itself is fine but there wasn't a suitable socket for it in my LG TV and therefore it was only of use when run via my Sky box.
on 14 January 2014
This speaker gives a good sound out for the price range it is excellent value. It was very easy to install
on 6 February 2013
my new Samsung has very poor sound quality and this soundbar has improved it considerably for very little cost - great purchase
on 16 July 2013
After countless weeks looking and reading reviews on sound bars I decided to take the plunge on this one. reasonably priced I wasn't expecting much or looking for an amazing 3D surround sound experience but that is what I got. I have a 42 inch LG smart TV and the sound quality is very poor due to limited space available in the TV for the speakers. I 100% recommend this product to anyone that is looking to enhance their TV sound. I dont even bother putting the sound up on the TV now I just use the sound bar at all times for everything played through the TV. (Xbox, DVD, Music) I am so glad I didnt fork out for a complete 5:1 surround sound package as I feel this more than does the job.
0Comment| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 May 2013
This product is decent but not the best, it's an average product.
If you have a flat screen TV and the sound is a bit flat then this sound bar is perfect for you just to boost the higher frequency sounds.

I have tested the bar with Music, TV and Film.

Instantly you will notice 1 factor that lets the bar down which is Bass. The bass it very subtle.
For an enhancement to you TV set this is perfect. It amplifies the sound and gives cleaner audio.

It's best for watching normal TV programmes
It's "OKAY" for watching Movies
It's alright for listening to songs. (Bass lets it down)

If you want something affordable and to enhance you TV viewing this is for you.
If your into your Bass which movies and music require then an upgrade for surround sound is where you should be looking.

Somethings to note:
You need to have an Digital Optical Connection.
In your TV would be the best option as all devices plugged into the TV via HDMI will transmits HQ sounds which will go forward to the bar.
One problem is when using the bar and using your TVs speakers at the same time, you can tell the difference and it sounds like it's a bit "off".

If it is a case of it literally been out of sync there is a good feature on this sound bar called AV sync,
of course meaning Audio Video sync. As the optics wire is at the speed of light it's very fast so the sound may be coming in a little too fast, this feature allows you to offset the sound.

The optical cable is decent but you can get better ones which will alter your sound quality slightly.

The bar design is nice it fits under the TV perfectly and is within the horizontal boundary of the TV (42 Inch).

To conclude:
I do like this bar the only negative i give it is the bass isn't great but it is much better than the standard speakers in the TV.
My TV is a good TV it's a Toshiba but the speakers are not very loud for example watching films.
Also as it's plugged into the Sky box via HDMI once you go past the 50 volume setting there doesn't seem to be any difference in volume on the TV set but with this bar it completely enhances the sound and amplifies.
on 9 February 2013
For the money it's as good as some twice the price and really easy to set up. Great value for money would recommend without a doubt.
11 Comment| 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 December 2014
I bought this based on the reviews left by other buyers, so I was extremely disappointed when I set it up and here's why.

There is no control over the sound settings, i.e. Bass & Treble, it is just a flat EQ which is fairly bland with hardly any bass at all.

There are no on screen settings, so you don't know what setting the overall volume is at any time. Also when you turn the unit off and turn it back on again you have to turn the sound up as it defaults to the minimum setting, why it does that is beyond me, but it is very annoying.

The Dolby DRC, whatever it is supposed to do, makes no difference to the sound whatsoever when you select it , hence no point in having it!

Also the AV synch doesn't appear to make any difference either when you try to adjust it. Don't get me wrong, there was no need to adjust it anyway, as the synch was fine, but you have to ask your self, do you really need it?

The remote control only works when about 3 feet away from the unit, I have replaced the battery with a Duracell, but that made no difference, it just doesn't work unless you are really close to it, which means I have to get up from my seat every time I want to change the settings, or mute it.

I suppose you get what you pay for, but next time I will pay the extra and get a better soundbar, or speaker bar as this is called!

I will be putting this one on ebay and buying a better one, I would suggest anyone thinking of buying this goes for a higher spec!
on 31 December 2012
Purchased one of these Soundbars recently to match with an existing LG LCD 42" TV, after already purchasing a Sharp equivalent for another TV over a year ago.
I was fed up listening to the thin, tinny sound output from the LG(a fault common to all modern TVs), and have been very pleased with the LG soundbar.
It is extremely well made, stylish and compact, and does not look at all obtrusive sitting in front of the TV.
A slight word of warning though. It does not have any controls at all in the way of Bass or Treble boost, or the lessening of, and I suspect that LG have incorporated speakers that give good balance of sound, with a more than adequate bass for most ears.
Also, a word of advice. Despite what the experts tell us, a quality optical lead does make the difference between adequate sound and excellent sound. I have put back in the box the optical lead supplied, and tried 2 or 3 alternatives. The first two, which cost around £4.00 each made the bass boomy and woolly.
The third cable purchased, a Fisual "Pearl"(purchased from Audiovisual online) is fantastic.
No hesitation in recommending both products.
1212 Comments| 193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse