Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.08

on 21 April 2017
An excellent start to another series by this talented author. This time we have Rose who falls for Vincent Moreno. He is a cousin of the Moreno Brothers and comes across as a bad boy. She is the sister of Grace from Making You Mine book. There are many ups and downs to their story but I was invested in them and so wanted them to succeed together. It is emotional at times especially when he deployed but there are also funny parts and you get to see how all the characters from the other series are doing.
on 28 March 2013
So, Vincent and Rose. . .

I loved it. The whole army thing was a new addition to the Moreno world and, once again, the glimpses back into the rest of the family is a real treat.

I really liked the way the army stuff was played out and it was upsetting and I found myself needing to know what was coming next with it. Vincent is a fantastic character, I love him as much as I love Romero!! Angry, defiant, and a sweetheart.

The reason I only gave it four stars, I wish that there had been some extra thing for Will and Missy-Anne. I wish that Vincent had contacted her to tell her how much Will loved her and wanted to marry her. Even if only a couple of sentences at the end, I wish we'd have been given a bit of closure on that, because, wow, that was a really upsetting moment, especially with Vincent's reaction.

Another awesome book from Elizabeth Reyes though and look forward to seeing who's next to get their story told in this new series!!
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 12 October 2012
This is Vince and Rose's story who first got together in Making You Mine (The Moreno Brothers) this is the first in a new series. A spin off from the Moreno Brothers.
This story is told from both Vince and Rose's POV, and switches between the past and present. Which the author does beautifully by the way.

Their story is what I would call a romance against all the odds. Passionate and romantic, the reader is swept along by the events that move the story forward. Vince is a hot guy, not just in looks but he has a bit of a short fuse as well. But he is totally adorable. Rose is just a joy a loyal and sensitive girl. There is a substantial plot here. With realistic events and emotions. Even though this is a older YA book. It transcends across age gaps IMO, older readers will also find this a stonking good read. I can only urge you to give this a go. You won't be disappointed.
on 20 November 2014
What a fantastic read! I have read loads of Elizabeth Reyes's books and they just keep getting better and better. I haven't read one that i haven't loved. I love the Monero family and the big tough, look out for their family type guys the Monero family have to offer. Vince is the bad boy. Dealing drugs, getting into fights and basically getting in to too much trouble. It's all he has ever known but he wants to be better as his mum and dad are at the end of their tether. He finds his inspiration when he meets Rose. I do love Rose. She's the innocent, never done anything wrong type of girl. She always seems like she is too good for Vince but their is an instant love at first sight for these two young ones. It is not smooth sailing for these two and a few times i thought they were going to not be able to find their way back to each other. It kept me gripped and i found it rather funny at times. The Monero men are quite funny at times. It won't be the last book i read by Elizabeth Reyes. Brilliant and a definite must read!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 20 October 2012
I read too many books and I read fast, so I couldn't recall the two characters from this book straightaway, so I went back and read 'Making you Mine'.
The book starts in the present and the romance of Rose and Vince is told in flashbacks as we see how it all started for them (after meeting in Making you Mine). The story is told from both their POV's. We see how they met, fell in love and then what tore them apart.
Whilst it's a lovely story, my problem with it, is that they spend most of the book apart. We do get their romance in the flashback scenes, but I would have preferred less of that and more of when they are reunited. It ended too soon for me.
I do prefer the authors more mature novels like Noah and Gio, but she is a good writer and I'm sure her fans will love this one as much as the other books in the Moreno Brothers stories.
on 10 January 2013
This book was brilliant. I love the story of rose and Vince. It's also good to have the other characters there. Makes you feel like you go on a journey with them. It makes you want to know more about the future of the characters. Love these books.
on 22 February 2015
Well what can I say? I loved this book. I have read most of Elizabeth's books including the while Moreno series. I liked Vincent's character when we first met him and I decided to give him and Rose a go especially as it's free. I read this in one day and stayed up till 3am to do so. I couldn't put it down. I loved how Rose and Vincent spent time getting to know each other and this booked followed them over a number of years. I won't put any spoilers in but I did shed a small tear at one stage. If you loved Elizabeth's other books you will love this. It's sweet and touching and you can't help but route for them all the way through.
on 7 October 2012
this is the first book i read its a spin off from the manero brothers series of which are 5 books and after reading this i went and brought the 5 books and they are fantastic loved them all
on 10 February 2015
This was a beautiful love story about Vincent and Rose, when they meet as teenagers he's the bad boy and she's the princess but they form a strong bond and fall so in love it's transcendent but misunderstandings and loyalties are tested causing our love birds to loose themselves but will fate intervene. I love the characters in this story and although a standalone it's part of many books about the Moreno family. The story is sweet, the plot is good, the characters are plenty, there is lots of angst, but the love is innocent, sweet and forever, the intimate moments are very loving. I would recommend to hopeful romantics.
on 2 June 2014
Loved the story, great to catch up with all the Moreno brothers and sister. I got a bit frustrated that Vince kept messing up his life and taking all the blame and punishment for everything. Rose was very understanding and a sweet natured girl. Vince and Rose are well suited, hope to read more about them in future books. If you have never read any of the books please do not hesitate they will keep you hooked, once you read Angels story that will be it, you will want to read about everyone of them.