on 6 January 2015
Excellent coffee machine, and incredible value for money. The construction quality is good, and a lot of it is metal, so its solid and heavy. It took a week or so to get the knack of using it, but now I have no problems, and it makes very good espresso coffee. The filter became blocked after a few days of using it, but I now a technique of cleaning the filter before each use, and I have had no problems since. With the filter in the holder, I bang it on the inside of my bin to dislodge the bulk of the used coffee grains (don't pull it away suddenly after its hit the side, to prevent the filter detaching from the handle). I then rinse it under the tap, and then with the filter in the handle, give a couple of sharp taps onto my wooden bread board, such that the top of the filter hits the board flat. This seems to dislodge any small coffee grains from the holes in the filter.
The plastic Tamper it comes with for compressing the coffee is not very good, so I bought a VonShef 51mm stainless steel Tamper which is a huge improvement.
I have used the steam outlet to make Cappuccino a few times, and it works very well, but again it takes practice. I bought a stainless steel jug and thermometer to help with the milk frothing process, and this helps considerably.
The hot water outlet is very handy if you want to make a quick cup of tea, and can't be bothered boiling the kettle.
One last tip, when fitting the water tank into the rear of the machine, make sure its fully inserted, otherwise water leaks out from the seal.
on 12 July 2014
Excellent coffee maker, a brilliant replacement for one that finally died. We'd never had a Russell Hobbs, they were good we had it ages before unpacking it as it was bought as a present then our kitchen was flooded it took months to dry out, and restore so we hadn't opened it, we left it in its packaging in the spare bedroom. It made excellent latte and cappuccino for me and expresso for my wife. Then it stopped working after 3 months, but was just within the 12 month warranty. We spoke with Russell Hobbs, explained the fault, we were told it had, had a catastrophic failure, it was not fixable and they sent us a new one which arrived the next day. We were told to use it for a month ensure it was okay and then box the broken one up in the packaging ready to send back via the Amazon parcel collection service, Amazon were brilliant as were Russell Hobbs it is months later and the new coffee machine is working brilliantly. Much better than previous models. We'd buy this model again when it eventually gives up and dies.
on 24 February 2015
Fab! Froths lovely, only slight issue is an espresso never seems very hot but all in all its a great machine!! Would definitely recommend
on 3 March 2017
small coffe machine but very very good .
I can't make capucino ,Latte ,espreso evriting.
very good
on 12 July 2014
This is a very useful little machine. I had no reason to complain about it so far and it had performed according to expectations. My brother-in-law has a similar model and he also has nothing to complain about.
on 1 February 2014
this is my first time using a coffee machine and have now realised you have to select the right blend to suit you ,then go on a learning curve to acquire that great cup .made this way or that way, you will learn and it's worth it in the end to enjoy a lovely cup of coffee.
on 8 September 2016
Although I've had this for about 2 years now and loved the coffee, I think it's time to say goodbye to it. After about 6 months the noise started to be louder and louder (when I had friends over they would be scared at first by the sound it made). After 1 year - 1 year & 2 months, the strainer started to clog. Then, when I would finish the coffee and remove the strainer it would explode due to the pressure of the 15 bars still inside (even with the coffee machine turned off). We really loved the coffee so we decided to keep descaling and clean it regularly, just keep going with it.

BUT about to weeks ago, the same thing happend. It exploded again, only on a bigger scale. All the boiled water + coffee fell on my hand burning half of my wrist. I had to get medical attention. So imagine if it takes 2 weeks for my burn to start healing, how bad the explosion was in the first place. It's really dangerous. It's NOT A SAFE PRODUCTt!!!!
on 15 November 2013
Quality product with a classic and easily maintained finish. This espresso machine makes coffee that you will not be disappointed with. Everything works perfectly, and, as the machine uses ground coffee instead of pods, it is very affordable. We found, as others have before us, that there was only one fault: the machine vibrates so much that you have to hold the cups still manually. Why, oh why, didn't someone in the design department think of putting a silicon mat on top of the drip tray, or some sort of small silicone inlay in the drip tray, to keep the cups steady? Then the machine would have been worth 6 stars!
on 8 February 2015
I've used this machine daily for a little over a month now and I have got to say, it is a superb machine.
As an experienced barista, I was looking for an affordable machine to practise with at home and I am not at all disappointed with this budget coffee machine.
After a few trial and errors, it can produce a fantastic tasting espresso with a great crema. The steam arm is easy to use and manoeuvre and creates nice milk for a latte or cappuccino.
It's easy to keep clean and takes no time at all to warm up!
My particular module didn't seem to come with any espresso cups that are said to be provided but it wasn't much as a problem as many regular sized cups fit under arm with ease.
The whole machine is easy to use, making it perfect for beginners or experienced coffee fanatics, I highly recommend if you're looking for a coffee machine under budget!
review image
on 24 February 2015
This device can not withstand the pressure. So she breaks down. If we look on the other side, so is this device is good and comes out very good cafe.