on 12 May 2017
My old kettle had a separate, removable lid, the spout a little too small to add water from the tap and no window to see the measure in the kettle and it was driving me mad!! So I treated myself. Firstly I love the colour, a rich deep red and have also bought a 4 row toaster and towel pole to match. The lid of the kettle is easy to lift by pressing down a button to add water to the kettle, but you can also use the spout. The window is clear having several marks to indicate 1 cup and more measures. A blue light comes on when you switch the kettle to boil. The parcels came on time, well packaged and I would recommend Morphy Richards Accents Jug Kettle, Toaster and Towel pole to all an attractive addition to any kitchen.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 June 2016
Our previous kettle expired with a flash and a puff of smoke from the base, and we were on the lookout for a kettle with (a) a brushed aluminium finish and (b) an indicator to show that it had been switched on. This kettle meets both requirements though the lid is polished aluminium rather than brushed - my wife has instructed me to touch the button only so she doesn't have to wipe off fingerprints. The on/off switch incorporates a blue light which illuminates when the kettle is switched on. It has a level indicator on both sides, suiting both right and left handed users, and the handle feels solid and comfortable. It is not insulated so the outside will be very hot to the touch, but that isn't an issue for us - there is no chance of touching the skin of the kettle while holding the handle, which is well insulated. The element is under a plate inside the kettle so you can boil a very small amount of water with no need to worry about the minimum level. Filled to the maximum level, it is quite heavy. It heats water quickly and pours well (we removed the limescale filter as we live in a soft water area).
on 19 April 2018
Like the look of the kettle but a few things that I would like changing. First the water indicator is plastic! i was looking for a kettle that was stainless steel with no plastic in it. The description does not mention this bit! The markings on the water indicator easily came off on mine within a few weeks use and this is with only one person using it so seems cheap! The switch for the kettle is so delicate and plastic! that the first time i switched it on I was actually scared I might break it! Why not have a more sturdy switch!
Boils ok there is noise like expected and the indicators are in cups sizes from 2cups to 6cups! why not in mls.
on 21 May 2016
I bought this to replace the Accents Pyramid kettle which was diabolical. This tho is absolutely brilliant. It's the same beautiful red so it still matches my toaster from the range. It pours perfectly as soon as it's boiled with no spurting. It's reasonably quick which is probably why it's quite noisy, and that's the only tiny complaint. It has a pop up lid with a thumb button perfectly placed. The lid opens to 90 degrees if you push it a bit further which allows for filling from a filter jug if you want to and for cleaning. The lid is metal like the main body so there is an inset heatproof disc in the lid to push it shut with. (It's really very well thought out). It has a good sturdy handle which might be a little thick if you've got very tiny hands. The water gauge is on both sides of the kettle and about an inch (2cms)wide and it's very easy to see the amount of water which is measured in cups. The kettle seemed a little small when I took it out if the box but in fact it's fine, measuring 8 cupfuls to the max fill. It's only a kettle but there's nothing irritating about it and that's got to be good.
on 8 April 2015
Received this product quicker than expected, it not only looks good, it functions well and has it so that you can rotate the kettle to the position you want before picking up and therefore less likely to have a burning accident, easy to fill with a lid released by a pushable button, switch illuminates when on, I love this kettle, it is a bit heavier to lift than my previous kettle but well worth the money for the looks a lone!
7 people found this helpful
on 16 April 2017
Only received this yesterday but so far very pleased. I chose this in exchange for another well known make that had a plastic lining inside - and even after almost 2 weeks of persevering, had a plastic taste. This kettle doesn't suffer the same, possibly because it is stainless steel inside and out. I obviously can't comment on the reviews about leaks, but so far so good
One person found this helpful
on 17 January 2015
This is a really lovely kettle with no drawbacks. Neat shape, good pourer, easy to clean. I would buy again and recommend to anybody.
6 people found this helpful
on 4 April 2016
I wanted a fast boil kettle to replace my leaking old Next kettle.
My husband said to me that the water was not hot enough when making tea and coffee, I had noticed this myself but just thought it was me leaving my drinks too long before consuming.
We did an experiment with the old and the new kettle with exactly the same amount of water in them. They both boiled at the same time and both switched off at the same time. I do not understand why this kettle does not produce boiling water (the boiling point of water is the same). It is certainly cooler and some of the instant coffee grains float on the top.
I left it too late to return and had thrown the box away.
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 22 November 2015
This looks nice and works really well. The inside of the spout suffers in our hard water area but is easily cleaned. It boils much faster than our old kettle and easily copes safely with small volumes of water.
3 people found this helpful
on 29 October 2017
Great sturdy kettle. It shows a blue light when it is turned on to boil which I like. However it is a little noisy but doesn’t worry me. I like the large spout size meaning you can fill it up from the tap using the spout rather than open the lid. Good value.