on 4 January 2013
There are books that give us information, and books that share facts and figures with us. Then there are books that grasp and mezmorize the reader, keeping them enthralled with historical details, facts and images of a past time. This is one of those books. From the moment I bought it, I couldn't put it down. This is one journey I will be following. Taking in the atmosphere, the scenery and beauty of our slowly disappearing countryside, industrial heritage, history and the past lives of those who helped shape our present lives.
on 27 August 2013
I thoroughly enjoy the television series. It has such a wealth of information about the history and geography of Great Britain. I have learned a lot about places that I didn't know before. Thank you so much for the best series on television.
on 12 January 2013
Great book to go with a great program but I would have been awfully miffed had I paid £12.80 for the hardback for only 256 pages! The 99p Kindle version seemed short enough.
on 13 August 2013
A brilliant historical record of industrial revolution which should be a part of all young people's education at primary and university level 5stars
on 4 February 2013
The 1st instalment from the makers of Great British Railway Journeys (AKA Michael Portillo)BBC2 great read bit more detail than tele' program
on 28 January 2013
Bradshaws it ain't

Knowing the area around North Yorkshire very well, I got the impression that it was job done to get to Scarborough with very little else to emphasis on what a lovely resort Scarborough is and what it has to offer. The Lanacashire bits were informative though
on 8 March 2013
Saw the tv series and liked the format so tried the e book . Not disappointed seemed I was watching TV . Will buy another in series
on 16 January 2013
Beware, this item for Kindle is only one very short chapter and not the 256 page book as advertised.

More like buying a magazine article!
on 10 April 2014
A highly recommended book a good number of pictures to go with the text. A pick up and return to time and time again book
on 6 April 2014
This gives well presented and clear view of a lovely trip between two great places. I'm going to attempt this one day