on 9 October 2012
I have only used my Komputerbay 32GB 600x card for one session at this time in my Canon 5D MkIII but as of now I have found it both reliable and capable of recording data without locking up my camera however fast I take pictures. I think that it is the cheapest compact flash card in its class.

I have since bought a Komputerbay 32GB 1000x card as an experiment. It is not only much faster than the 600x (there are no problems with the buffer even when it seems like you are pressing the shutter release very fast in 12 to 20 picture sessions) and its only about half the cost of a Lexar 1000x.
One person found this helpful
on 3 January 2013
I am writing this review, by request of Komputerbay ... they blew smoke up my rear end, stating that I was brave to purchase the compact flash with hardly any reviews having been written on when I did, as it was new to the market. How could I refuse to write this review then.
I purchased the Komputerbay compact flash card as a backup for my other cards when I was asked to photograph a Sikh Indian wedding to which 300 guests were invited. I shot for two days shooting over 2000 photographs.
I had obviously tested the Kompactflash card at home first and then on the afternoon going into the night I used it to photograph the events that take place back at the brides home after the wedding.
I took some 240 photographs using the card that never misfired at all.
It is as good as any card I have used and soon forgot all about having it in the camera.
The results were equally as good as the other top Brand cards which I use.
I would not hesitate to purchase this card again and highly recommend it, regardless if you are on a tight budget or not.
Frank Moralee
on 14 June 2016
I purchased this for my new Canon 5Ds camera, as the file sizes are so much larger than those of previous devices. The card has been entirely reliable so far, and allows rapid shooting with no fear of filling it up - even at 50MP it can store well over 1500. This is an ideal memory card for making the most of a high end DSLR's capabilities.
on 6 April 2013
I was taking some pictures for a friend's son who is developing a career as a singer and used one of these cards, having checked it with a few pictures beforehand and reformatted it. During this shoot the camera locked up and only unlocked when I changed to another memory card, a different brand one which I had used before. The computer would not read the card afterwards. I only retrieved the pictures when I uploaded them from the camera, lucky I tried that. I have reformatted it, if it happens again it will be returned for a refund.
One person found this helpful
on 8 August 2013
This is the second Komputerbay 64 CF card I have purchased. Both cards continue to provide stunning performance at an amazing price point. I have both cards in my Canon 1Dx and the fast write speeds mean that I am always ready for action and do not have to worry about buffering out. Downloading images at the end of the day is also far quicker and I can normally get in excess of 3,000 images on each card - Initially I was a little concerned about the lack of knowledge of the brand, however, looking at the price of similar specification cards I thought these were worth a go and I have been very pleasantly surprised as they have exceeded expectations, at this price point I think these cards are difficult to ignore...
on 28 August 2013
I bought this for my new camera, since the camera was expensive and could benefit from having a large capacity, fast card, I looked for an inexpensive 32GB 1000X and found this one.

I haven't made any exact measurements, but it is fast. I've been on a few shoots with my brother, he has a slower card in a similar camera and his takes 40-60 minutes to download from his card (in a reader) while mine takes about 10-15 minutes from the camera (USB 2) and less from a USB 3 card reader. We both shoot RAW, a similar number of images (in the 100s) and my files sizes are slightly larger than his, so the difference in download times is significant.

I've had the card for more than a month and have filled the card to capacity with no problems.
on 19 July 2016
I am very happy with this flash card. I use it in my full frame DSLR camera to store RAW images. It is possible to write to quickly, slightly slower with continuous shooting mode. When shooting Jpg images it is much quicker. I have no problem in recommending this to other photographers or anyone who needs a compact flash card.
on 9 May 2014
I bought this card for my Canon EOS 5D mkiii, to use with the Magic Lantern firmware - specifically RAW videos. Reading through the forums on the Magic Lantern site, this brand was well recommended. The 64GB works perfectly for me, as well as the 128GB I've now bought too. I've been recording loads of RAW videos on both cards, at full 1920x1080 without any problems at all. It's a great price, compared to the other more well-known brands (and from what I've read, it's the same chip inside anyway!). I'll definitely be getting more of these. Delivery was fast too.
on 19 February 2016
Excellent value & stability. It has been many months now since using the compact flash purchased from Komputerbay. I have stored music, films & data accessing daily, clearly Komputerbay have found a gap in the market for cheap quality storage without compromise & with respect towards the buyer in NOT ripping them off in over charging in price which seems to be the norm within the industry.

I also going purchase another with a view to using it as a solid state hard drive for my second laptop & install Linux Mint 18 on it this is a Fantastic way on upgrading an older laptop to use a non movable hard-drive - highly recommend
on 22 March 2014
I now have 3 compact flash cards supplied from this company. I have used a 16gb 336 card in a Canon 40d for the past few years and never had a problem. I have now purchased a 128gb 1000x and a 64gb 1000x to go with a Canon 5d mkIII and so far everything works good. The cost for these cards is far below the market price for known brands but they work just as good as the leading brands. You wont be disappointed with this product