Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 29 July 2013
This album is the very best of her songs, especially the ones from 'The Bodyguard', which I can play over and over again. She had a very powerful voice which never seemed to be a problem for her to reach the top notes she needed for some of her songs. She was a very special lady with a lot of talent both in the acting world as well as her singing career, and its so sad she is not around anymore, but I don't think anyone will ever forget her as her music lives on. I thoroughly recommend this album.
on 1 March 2017
I think this is a real gem of an album. I'm sorry to say that I never really appreciated Whitney when she was still with us, I was always more of a Mariah fan. But after hearing 'how will I know' on the radio and having it stuck in my head for 3 days straight I decided to treat myself to a new cd for the car and I made a great choice with this one. My only tiny complaint is that it doesn't have 'run to you' which has become one of my favourites to YouTube but it has so many other amazing songs that it's not too much of a problem.
on 24 April 2017
Thanks.
on 17 December 2015
Great cd I recommend anyone to buy good purchase. Mrs y ward
on 28 April 2017
Its was more than what I expected, it is a beautiful cd, of a beautiful lady.
on 11 September 2015
great album just as i remembered it
on 1 December 2012
Whitney Houston is one of those artists that seemingly has countless Greatest Hits - this means it can be tough trying to buy "the right one". In my opinion, as a longtime Whitney Houston fan, this is a fantastic two-disc collection that's really hard to beat. This is a very strong collection and I would personally recommend it if you were looking to only buy one album which gathers together all the best hits. Another tricky thing with buying "Best of's" is you sometimes don't know exactly what you are getting - sometimes your favourite song ends up being a live version or a remix. I'm pleased to say that all the songs on this album are the versions you will know, no silly remixes or alternative versions. Simply put it's just a brilliant collection of fantastic hits from a real modern icon of music.

Included on the album are all the great songs you would expect, I can't see any glaring omissions. So many "Best Of" albums only collect together a portion of the artists' best work which ultimately leaves you wanting more. This album manages to collate every single great song without sacrificing any of the bona-fide hits. The songs I can think of that are not included which some may miss are "All at Once" (originally on her debut album "Whitney Houston, The Deluxe Anniversary Edition") and three duets - "If You Say My Eyes Are Beautiful" (duet with Jermaine Jackson), "Same Script, Different Cast" (duet with Deborah Cox) and "Could I Have This Kiss Forever" (duet with Enrique Iglesias). These excluded songs are all available on Whitney Houston - Greatest Hits from 2000: - which is far from a perfect collection. Also not included is "When You Believe" (duet with Mariah Carey) but this is available on Whitney's 1998 album "My Love Is Your Love" and "(Try It) On My Own" (originally on her 2002 album "Just Whitney").

Also included on this collection is "Never Give Up", a previously unreleased track presumably recorded shortly before her sudden death in early 2012 (Edit: correction, it was recorded in 2004). Finally there is a re-worked version of "I Look To You" (Originally performed solely by Whitney on her 2009 album "I Look To You"). Recorded after her death using her original vocals, this re-worked version is now a duet with R-Kelly - a longtime friend, writing partner and collaborator and is a moving tribute to Houston.

This "Best Of" really does Whitney Houston justice and it's a fitting collection of wonderful songs to showcase her talent. Everything you'd expect is in here. In short: if you're only going to buy one Whitney Houston compilation, buy this one. It's pretty much a perfect collection.
11 Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 May 2015
NINE of the eighteen tracks appear on The Ultimate Whitney Houston CD which also has eighteen tracks.Must pay closer attention to track lists when purchasing CD`s, due to the cynical exploitation of the music buying public by the Recording Industry.
on 19 November 2012
what can i say it is to remember a great artist for time and i think people should get this to keep one day for kids to listen to say that great from Stephen
on 24 December 2015
It was a pleasure meeting Whitney here in London (story and pics in the non-fiction book, God's Other Children: A London Memoir) and I'm still coming to terms with her premature departure from our lives. This collection is fitting memorial, together with her live CD, which is where the lady really excelled. That said, these collections are getting a little tired, so let's hope for some unreleased material soon. Hey, catch the UK biopic 'Whitney and Bobby: Addicted to Love. It's on 5 on Demand. Whitney forever!