Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 11 March 2017
Really good. Haven't listened to Blur for many, many years though they were my first real music interest and Graham Coxon was certainly my first guitar-playing inspiration. Something made me think about them, out of nowhere, recently and so I've been listening back through the albums that I still have and enjoying them with fresh ears and a bit of nostalgia.

I bought the DVD on the back of this sentimental event, because it was so cheap and am glad I did. It's great quality audio as well as visually and a solid live performance. Kind of makes me wish I'd gone to see them at some point since they'd reformed as I last saw them in about 1999 and I can't properly remember that far back.

In summary, if you like Blur or are on-the-fence then, for six quid, I don't see how you could be disappointed in this DVD.
on 7 July 2015
Still not had a chance to watch the whole thing, but what I have watched is Blur at their finest. Brilliant
on 4 January 2013
What a great concert to own. Damon, Graham, Alex and Dave were all on the top of their game and gave this concert to close the London Olympics their all. As for the dvd, the sound is excellent, the vocals clear, the editing and cutaways to crowds etc are timed well. The atmosphere really comes through and our family has watched this concert four times in a week and Blur's previous Hyde Park concert (which was pretty awesome too), was only watched about twice in the same time-frame. I'm not sure what to list as a stand-out track, because every single one was performed as though it was the last time it'd be heard, which I hope isn't the case, despite Damon hinting at it in the media. The crowd (which is not overly washed into the mix) seemed to know nearly every song most of the way through and were in pretty fine voice themselves at times. Even if your not particularly a Blur fan, I'm sure this would still rate a healthy four stars from most. I wish this was available on Blu Ray. Arrived on Christmas Eve, perfect timing!!!!
Recorded live on 12th August 2012 at Hyde Park, 'Parklive' is another top-notch DVD release from Blur. The exciting, lengthy performance captures the band on true top form, in front of an adoring crowd. The production and video is of very high quality, and almost all the hits, and a generous helping of other fan favourites were played, including 'Tracy Jacks', 'Sunday Sunday', 'Tender', and 'The Universal', with guest appearances from Phil Daniels, Khyam Allami, and Harry Enfield.

It was specially nice that the guys decided to play the best (in my opinion) B side of their career, 'Young and Lovely', amidst virtually every one of the usual crowd-pleasers. Young and Lovely' is one amazing tune, and should have been an A side, but instead was hidden away as a B to their hit 'Chemical World', which is one of the few tracks they didn't play live here.

With the incomparable Damon Albarn's vocals as appealing as ever, cool-man Alex James on bassist, and Graham Coxon displaying what an awesome guitar player he is, you couldn't really ask for a better show. If you'd rather listen to this than watch it, you will be interested to know that 'Parklife' is also available in double CD format: Blur: Live In Hyde Park, 12th August 2012.

Track Listing
9. Trimm Trabb
10. Caramel
11. Sunday Sunday
12. Country House
13. Parklife (with Phil Daniels)
14. Colin Zeal

4. End Of A Century
5. For Tomorrow
6. The Universal

Extras:
1. Under The Westway (Studio Video)
2. Under The Westway (Live Video)
3. Under The Westway (Lyric Video)
4. The Puritan (Live Video)
5. The Puritan (Lyric Video)
on 26 January 2013
there one off the best live bands around . also have no distance left to run dvd live 09 brilliant ; blur fan Ireland
on 7 December 2015
I love Blur and this is a brilliant live gig for the fans. The whole band are in good form.
on 4 November 2014
Good gig but production is not as good as their 2009 comeback DVD also filmed at Hyde Park.
on 28 December 2015
At last Hermes has delivered my Parklive DVD so with a box of maltesers and the magnificent Blur at Hyde Park im in Heaven thank you X
on 7 January 2013
I PURCHASED THIS ITEM ALONG WITH THE CD , FOR MY SONS CHRISTMAS PRESENT BOTH WERE VERY WELL RECEIVED AND I HAVE BEEN TOLD THEY WERE EXCELLENT ...DOWNLOADED ONTO I-POD ALREADY
on 15 January 2016
Blur at their best. If your a fan you won't be disappointed. Thoroughly enjoyed 👍🏻