Customer reviews

The Deepest Acceptance
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£8.19

on 5 March 2014
I've been reading Jeff Foster books right from the start in 'Life without a centre' and it is very interesting to see how his views on enlightenment and the spiritual path have evolved and, dare I say it, mellowed. From that young firebrand throwing out all the old ideas of reaching enlightenment and kicking out the gurus, to the current, more chilled out Jeff, he has always had a power to intrigue me, and make me question my own ideas. I found his message very hard to accept in 'Life without a centre', but since then his words, along with many other influences of course, has guided my own development and I found almost every page of this new book to hit a chord with me. Great stuff, don't bother with all those other spiritual books, just get this one.
on 20 October 2013
I enjoyed this book very much, Jeff talks about many issues and pitfalls that the spiritual seeker is faced with, he guides us back to the simplicity of our nature and removes lots of misunderstanding. The only point I would not agree,is to generalize the role of a "guru"( or teacher or guide - or whatever you call it) or the relationship with one. Here I strongly feel that he has never met or never really understood the real relationship with one, who actually brings you more and more in touch with your own Self and thus one's own power and not as he proposes turns you into another "addict", into an addict for enlightenment. He overlooks that to be close to someone's presence, can be of tremendous help and support, especially at the beginning. This far too general and over-simplified view I truly cannot share. Apart from this I would recommend the book as it covers very important topics "on the way".
on 27 June 2014
Deeply touching and profound.

Jeff has a gift of using simple words and drawing on every day experiences to point to what is beyond words.

It has helped me to see what I am still running away from (or what aspects of myself I am still fighting with :) and how to meet those unloved aspects of myself...

The gap perceived between nothing to everything has been bridged by this invitation to be with what is most difficult. To see clearly that it is only another construct of thoughts believed in to bring all the inner demons to life.

I love that he acknowledges the physiological tantrums of the body/mind... how this generates fear and buys more time... and the functioning of the psychological minds game is seen more clearly.

In a nut shell this Jeff Foster Quote sums it up:

'Can this moment be deeply allowed - and if it can't - can this be allowed too'

This book is exactly about all the nitty gritty of this.

Thanks Jeff
on 28 July 2017
Some real gems of insight in here and I definitely see things differently after reading it. But, it's a long read and I think a lot of the book could have been distilled into a harder hitting message over fewer pages with less repetition.
on 27 March 2013
Jeff Foster simply shows how we create our own misery by getting caught up in a web of our own making. Acceptance is the antidote.
on 9 April 2017
I feel as though one can do better, I'm a bit confused by his message is he a self help coach or a spiritual teacher. You won't find a final answer on life, death or God with this teacher.
on 24 November 2014
I was inspired to buy this book after watching a thought-provoking interview with Jeff Foster on Conscious TV last week. But this evening, half-way through reading it, out of ever-increasing exasperation I finally decided to chuck it in. I found myself getting so irritated by the author repeatedly telling us what to do in our life, what to think, what to feel , how things really are,... that I just couldn't carry on reading any further. This was the paragraph that finally 'broke the camel's back' for me :

"Don't be certain about what is here; don't pretend that you know. Always be an explorer. Always become intimate with what is actually present. Give loving attention to these poor little waves that have been rejected, neglected, homeless, and unloved for so long, and in doing so, notice that they are all allowed to be here."

I have been very interested in Non-Duality teachings for quite a few years now. Although I have never had any of the experiences such as Tony Parsons, Richard Sylvester, or Wayne Liquorman describe, nevertheless, after reading their accounts this book seems to be missing one of the absolutely essential ingredients found in all of what I take to be genuine Non-Duality teachings, i.e. that Consciousness is 'living us'. There is no "I" who can decide to do any of the things suggested by Mr Foster in the extract above, or make any of the numerous other choices that he keeps advising us to make throughout his book.

My feeling is that the author may well have had the awakening he claims, but from most of the accounts that I find myself drawn to, those who experience it record that they are still left with pretty much the same personality as they had before. Apparently awakening is not the caterpillar/butterfly type of experience that it is usually purported to be. From watching the interview it seems that in his early youth Jeff was always an "extremely" bright, (but socially dysfunctional) individual. Probably my antipathy towards this book stems from having now spent several evenings sharing the thoughts of someone who comes across as a rather intellectually-conceited and preachy personality. At a guess I'd say he didn't have much empathy with others before his awakening experience, and judging by the style of his writing in this book, he certainly doesn't appear to have developed it afterwards either.
on 15 March 2013
Really enjoyed Jeff's latest book, there's a lot of reiteration that everything appearing in awareness is already accepted, even non acceptance and this a great thing.

Whilst reading this book, the point really seems to resonate with you that everything is OK whether things that are showing up in experience are positive or negative it's all OK and nothing is wrong. I'm not doing it justice but the truth resonates throughout the book and I highly recommend giving it a shot if you are looking for a way of making life a more comfortable experience and maybe even seeing through the concept of self.

There's also some nice sections on how seeking relates to things like relationships and addiction, this book may even help you quit smoking!
on 12 November 2012
Reading this book is like reminding yourself of what you have always inwardly known but never quite managed to express, that at some deep level, beyond your mind - you have already said `yes' to everything that is happening here, and although you may not like every detail of it there is a realisation that it couldn't be otherwise and couldn't be improved.

As my mother used to say after she had told me off for misbehaving - `I will always love you, even though I don't always like what you do'. This is a bit like the reminder that Jeff gives us in this book - that no matter what it looks like we are always an expression of this Love - because it is what we ARE - not something that we need to earn or achieve.

As Marcel Proust said: `The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.' This is the amazing and yet ordinary message of nonduality - that THIS infinite moment is `it' - and everything is unfolding here as it must - only without the `must'!
This is not about `attracting abundance' from the universe but about seeing that who you really are, beyond the play of individuality, lacks nothing and needs nothing - and therefore has nothing to fear. Once this is realised everything is transformed.

Jeff's style is fresh and contemporary although the content of his message is timeless. This is his first mainstream book and will appeal to both those new to his writing and to those long-time `seekers'- who may finally see that what they sought has always been right before their eyes.
Although very accessible this book is not simplistic or compromised - it is about a totally radical turnaround in what we see ourselves to be.

There is an ecstasy that comes from recognising what you really are in the description of another. Jeff's words in this `instant classic' will stay with me always because not only do they express a now obvious truth but they are in essence my own words - finally remembered and given voice - and they will be yours too.
11 Comment| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 December 2012
This is really a wonderful book. It was a joy to read because of it's clarity. Throughout the book I was amazed to what extent Jeff is able to put words to something that's beyond words. I was able to find the truth of his pointers in myself and relate it to my own experiences. I've read Jeff's other books which I liked as well but this is different. It's a more mature book and to me it seems more whole because he relates his pointers to everyday life - as each one of us lives.