Unorthodox Jukebox
Format: Audio CD|Change

Wow. Bruno Mars exceeds all i could ever imagine the music he produces is amazing , unique and up beat. Never thought i'd like the lyrics to songs as much as i do. How he expresses himself in the music and lyrics is amazing. Wish there were more people like him who express themselves in music. The Deluxe edition is great and love how it gives the clean version of Gorilla and re-mixes of the other songs.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 March 2014
I would suggest just sitting down and relaxing and turn the volume up
Hear all the tracks all the way through as a complete body of work - then it all makes sense
By all means enjoy the ones you already know - Locked out of Heaven - which to persons of a certain age
sounds like an escapee from an early 80's Police album.
How about When I Was Your Man - inspired song writing and sublime keyboard playing.
You will want to do it all over again - and you will enjoy it every time.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 December 2012
like most of the other reviews i was already a bruno mars fan and loved his first album which still gets listened to very regular. i think this is another great album with the usual catchy songs. i agree with others about the swearing, esp in gorilla, which is one of my favourite songs but has to be turned down if the kids are around!!!
the only reason i did not give it 5 stars is that its simply not long enough! with only 10 tracks the whole cd only lasts just over half and hour which seems a very short time, and jst as you are enjoying each track the album ends!
so great album, shame its so short!!!!
on 15 March 2017
This was recommended by a friend and as I usually go for rock/metal bands this is just so different but I simply adore it so good for the car
on 3 March 2014
What a singer Bruno Mars is...it's hard not to fall in love with his voice.
This album is amazing..has one or two beautiful ballads, the hits 'Locked out of Heaven', 'Treasue' and my favourite 'Gorilla'.
It also has a cool reggae song. It is definitely unorthodox but isn't that what make Bruno Mars?
I love his honesty in his songwriting and like I said before I love the song 'Gorilla'..it's so raw and passionate and sexy!
Love you Bruno!
on 21 February 2013
This is my first experience of Bruno. After seeing him on t.v. I just had to buy his CD. I love the upbeat sound, the various styles of beat that he uses. I can get lost in his sound! I have a broad mind, so can see past the explicit language, but it might put some people off. I think there is a non-explicit variation and would recommend it to anyone who loves music. I'm now a fan who will eagerly await my next purchase...which will probably be in the next hour or so!!
on 14 March 2013
Pre paid for this for the release date got it a day later the day after my mums birthday whom i bought it for... how annoying, i had to go and spend more money on flowers for the day to make up for it. when it did eventually arrive late afternoon the next day, the case was all cracked, i kept the item purely because mum couldn't wait any longer for the cd as she was having a party she wanted to play it. very disappointing indeed.
on 14 April 2018
every song is great, listen to it over and over in my car and always puts a smile on my face
on 27 July 2017
Good album
on 15 November 2014
Firstly, I am glad I bought the "clean" version, thank you to all the reivewers who suggested going for this as the "unclean" version would have irritated me. The guy is very taIented. I have really enjoyed this album and had it quite a while and have recommended it to several individuals.