TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 5 November 2012
'Teenage Kicks' is admittedly yet another of the kind of record company albums that re-compile a lot of the same old songs, put them in a different order with a different sleeve, add a smattering of unusual or lesser known tracks and then unleash them on faithful fans. This said, for punters young enough not to have known most of this stuff at the time, this particular collection is both a good education and a cracking listen...

Sure, as many here have pointed out, there is nothing here by The Clash or The Sex Pistols but I suspect this is more likely down to licensing issues than a glaring mistake by the compilers. Having worked in the music merchandise industry I know how difficult it can be sometimes to obtain official items by even the most obvious of bands due to the fact that many of the copyright owners want far too much for the right to produce even something like a small tin badge. For this reason, I am basing my judgement on this collection with a sympathetic tone rather than a critical one...

And so to the music...

Well, pretty much all of the material on all three CD's here is decent. Many are considered punk/new wave classics and a few like Stiff Little Fingers 'Alternative Ulster', The Chords 'Maybe Tomorrow' and Bill Nelsons Red Noise 'Revolt Into Style' were the kind of records at the time which did well amongst hardcore fans but failed to really cross over into the charts in any major way. Tracks like these make an interesting diversion from the bog standard expected tracks like The Stranglers 'Peaches', The Ruts 'Babylons Burning' and The Knack's much over compiled 'My Sharona'. Also nice is the inclusion of 'the other Secret Affair hit' 'My World'. Nowhere near as big a success as the also included 'Time For Action' its inclusion as a 'record that changed everything' is stretching its credibility a bit but it does give those of us who already have 90% of these records already a reason to consider buying this as well.

As with most compilations, the sound quality here varies a little and at times the running order and inclusion of multiple tracks by the same artist (some more essential and true to the title of this compilation than others) is a bit disappointing but overall for those wanting either a quick education or a trip down memory lane this is a decent set.

Worth investigating at least.
on 19 December 2012
Bought this for my dad and it did not disappoint. It is on all of the time. In the car, in the house, at work. If it's not on he will be singing something from it. Came in excellent time and a present I know that will be used until it stops working. Great song choices and a good mixture and variation! Very happy.

Will definitely buy from these again.
on 23 January 2013
I bought this as a wrap up for my partner at Christmas as we were both 70/80's children. There isn't a duff track on the three CD's (Not sure why The Jama nd Bad Manners got two tracks!) and its an added bonus that our boys also love it and we finally get to depose Ga Ga, Black Eyed Peas etc from the car stereo and claim it back in the name of proper music! Joy
on 9 October 2013
Bought this for my Husband and he absolutely loves it! even our 6 years old son is getting into it and now knows a lot of the songs that my husband has been playing in the car, great value! and would highly recommend to anyone.
on 3 March 2013
i bought this for my 45 yr old hubby for Christmas (or rather my daughter did) & transferred it to his ipod on Boxing day & it has been playing in the car full blast ever since! He loves it & the children are up to speed on some great music.
on 4 February 2013
Just love it, back to my era of music, nice to have such a good collection all together in one place, singing my little heart off in car, The Turkish people don't half look at me strange!!!!!! I have no idea WHY!!!!!
on 25 January 2013
Fantastic collection of music has not been off the cd in the car since Christmas at one time I had all these on 7inch singles but they went when I had to my sell my collection a while ago ahhh the joys of youth
on 19 December 2012
I love this era for the music it brings!
It's something me and my dad share. There's songs on here that he knows and remembers and I don't but then there's some tht are just classic! Really good girft, very pleased! He's going to love it!
on 26 November 2012
I was really surprised how good this album is. It brought back lots of memories. Well worth buying, value for money.
on 7 January 2013
takes you back to the day, I would recommend this to all those who remember the 70's / 80's with fond memories