on 4 December 2014
My wife is such a dear, sweet trusting little love. She has faith in people, faith in descriptions posted by retailers, faith in humanity. She used to have faith in Amazon, but not any more. She was duped into buying this abysmal tripe by an Amazon trick - "make it sound like you're getting X when actually you get Y", similar to the genuine leather Kindle cases you can buy here that are actually er, PVC. Genuine leatherette peut-etre?! Anyway, this is the "genuine leatherette" Christmas Album. It looks like the real thing. It costs the same as the real thing. Hmm, so far so good, let's play some songs. Driving Home for Christmas by Chris Rea, that's a nice mellow song.....but wait...!!!

HOLY COW, IS THAT BEING SUNG BY HOMER SIMPSON AFTER 20 PINTS OF DUFF??

You get the picture. Unless you wish to have a good laugh at the total waste of 6 "genuine" English pounds, do yourself a favour and do what my darling lady didn't do - read the reviews, believe the reviews. Then this will be without doubt the biggest load of rubbish you saved yourself from buying.

EDIT - if you do ignore reviews/common sense and find yourself irresistibly drawn to the buy button...then never despair, there are a couple of tracks that are quite quaint. They use a Michael Buble type crooner for these and TBH, the renditions are quite - well, listenable at least! I would have bumped the score up accordingly, but it's got to stay at 1 star for a) the deception and b) Homer Simpson destroying Chris Rea's classic.
33 people found this helpful
on 9 December 2013
Silly me for not reading the reviews before purchasing it. Like all the other people i stupidly thought this was a collective christmas cd like most of the others, for a pound or two less i went for this. HOW WRONG WAS I FOR DOING THAT. I wish i could have my money back because as far as im concerned this is all going in the trash can on my laptop. What a load of tosh. I hate it and i am so so so disappointed in myself for buying this! Don't buy it. Please don't buy it!
20 people found this helpful
on 13 December 2013
Please can I have my money back. There is nothing to suggest it is a covers album unless you've read the reviews. I bought it in good faith and want a full refund. I will happily delete it from all files. It is awful
10 people found this helpful
on 3 December 2015
This is very misleading - I should have sampled the music first really - my fault, It is not the original artists singing these songs just other people with similar voices - some of the artists were off key I am not happy about the purchase if it wasn't an MP3 I would be asking for my money back.
2 people found this helpful
on 23 December 2015
My wife did the same thing - trusted the big, flashy headline! She's kicking herself now that she's 'wasted' £7. ALWAYS read reviews - this gets about 2 stars for a good reason: it's just not the real thing.
on 20 December 2016
This should be called XMAS *COVERS* not HITS. From the tracks I have played, non are by the "Hit artists". Do not fall for this poorly named album. Spend your money the real thing. not this rubbish.
on 7 December 2016
Worst CD ever. Sounds like the music played in supermarkets and doctor's waiting rooms. Not original artists as I thought. Instead what sounds like bad karaoke !!!!
on 16 January 2016
The songs are ok but the download messed up when transferring to usb pen ? a virus in future will scan before putting on pen to go in car
on 9 October 2017
perfect
on 19 December 2016
Didn't say it wasn't original singers now I have an album I don't want.