on 24 June 2013
It was Annie Lennox on Desert Island discs with her choice of ' Walk across the rooftops' that led me to this album. I now find myself playing that title track on repeat . exactly as I found myself doing with 'The downtown lights ' from Hats. I still can't believe I missed these albums . Blue Nile is such a pleasure to listen to. I have a lot of catching up to do.
on 3 April 2015
Used to have the cassette tape, took me years to actually get round to purchasing the c.d, but so glad l did. Memories of my teenage years have come flooding back , awesome
on 11 April 2013
Arrived promptly and bought this re-issue to replace my original copy which was a little less than perfect in places and am pleased to report that it has proved to be worthwhile. Although this album is pretty old now it still remains a timeless classic.
on 22 November 2015
I'm afraid I didn't really like it... I was a huge fan of HATS but nothing else this band has composed seems to come close, sadly.
on 27 February 2014
A nice improvement of the outstanding album which I have been listening to for quite some time now. The remaster sounds clearer and more transparant. This is the type of music you would like to hear in the best possible reproduction manner, hence any improvement in the mastering is welcome. The rest is up to ones own kit and ears. For the fans, an absolute recommendation, particularly since the bonus disc offers new versions / tracks.

A recommended buy for Blue Nile and audiophile fans
on 7 February 2013
Absolute emotional singing and keys at their best, for grown ups and all about grown up emotions. Forget that it was made in the 80's and all that phrase entials - this should be on any best album list of all time every time. Only bettered by their own album 'Hats'.
on 21 December 2015
Enjoyable music to sing along, yeah.
on 12 January 2017
Im not an afficianado of music but how I missed this I do not know.Reminds me of vintage Paul Williams. Beautiful
on 25 April 2016
Quite simply a masterpiece ....
on 4 March 2016