Customer reviews

Release Me
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.09

on 2 July 2017
I don't think this is one of her best releases but there are one or two tracks that save it. The best one is from Finian's Rainbow mixed with the track from Brigadoon is brilliant and very haunting also Didn't We but this only my opinion. I must thank the suppliers as it came in very quick time and looked like it was unplayed.
on 12 June 2017
A1
on 17 November 2012
Just when you thought you had heard all you could hear from our beloved Babs... here comes this lovely collection of some of her hidden gems which for a reason or another couldn't be released at the time she recorded them. My favourite track is the Randy Neuman penned "I Think It's Going To Rain Today" but all the songs are worth more than a listening and an appreciation. Highly recommended and hopefully looking forward to getting a volume 2, should Barbra decide to release some more unissued stuff in the future.
on 10 October 2012
Having got everything she's ever released this new album is a coup as it reminds you of just how great Streisand was in her prime.Powerful, dramatic and very much the most sensational of voices in full range. I shall be listening to this for many years to come. I play all her albums regularly anyway and for me, this is a perfect companion to my collection. I love it!
on 9 October 2012
Absolutely fantastic album - beautiful voice. Barbra is the best. I could listen to her sing all day. Have waited for this album to be released ever since I knew it existed. I am not disapointed. Thank you Barbra.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 100 REVIEWERon 15 June 2014
I have bought plenty of Barbra's music through the years, more than a dozen different albums, some twice because I bought them first on vinyl and later on CD. However, I'm not a diehard fan and I don't routinely look for her new releases, so it isn't surprising that I missed this one upon its initial release. I found it by accident while reviewing a Larry Gatlin album, I was surprised but delighted to find that Barbra had recorded Try to win a friend, and instinctively knew that it would be worth listening to. So it is, along with the rest of this collection.

I see that some customers are disappointed but I fail to see why. Most of the tracks are typical of those that Barbra normally records - only the Gatlin song is outside her usual areas. Such songs as Didn't we, Willow weep for me and I think it's going to rain today are exactly the kind of songs most people would expect from Barbra.

I get the impression that Barbra had plenty of unreleased material to choose from, and if so, she wasn't exactly scraping the barrel. (There have been cases of barrel-scraping involving other artists, mostly dead ones.)

I am most impressed by the selection here and look forward to another volume sometime.
on 28 November 2014
i have been a BARBRA STREISAND ever since i first heard the fantastic STONEY END ALBUM , although the album was released in 1971, i did"t discover it until 1975 ( i was only 12 years old then) but i was instantly hooked on our Barbra and i have been collecting ever since, i have three top female vocalist that in my opinion are unrivaled and shall always be the top performers of all time ,they are, BARBRA STREISAND , CARLY SIMON and KATE BUSH, female singers challenge them at your peril....
when i first found out that this album was released i had no hesitation i just had to buy it and ohhh boy what a fantastic album, her voice is truly amazing , no tremor , no out out of tune , just pure magic as we all know that has had all of her life ( and our"s) she is the most wonderful, brilliant and beautiful singer we have ever had the pleasure of hearing ,
Barbra has done it all ....or has she ? because she always seems to Surprise us all and comes up with the goods and delivers time and time again and she has done so once more with this great album....i love it so much i bought both the vinyl and C.D. editions...EXCELLENT.
on 10 October 2012
i have every one of BARBRAS records
been collecting since i was sixteen, im now **,
what a fantastic album,home from the wiz is one of my favourite songs,
and to have the greatest singer ever singing it is a pure pleasure,
if your a fan this is a must .
thank you BARBRA you have made my life a happy one.xx.
on 28 November 2012
I'm not one who gushes about every Barbra album and I am certainly not one of those partially deaf fans who think her voice is getting better. This is a really good album for me, as it's older stuff. Plenty from the 70s and 80s when she really did have the best voice in the business; (I think). Love the opener, the voice is so clear and powerful and that last note knocks the socks off that of 'Home', which I think is over done (not a big fan of Diana Ross but her original is better). Not the best Barbra version of 'Didn't We'- there's a good one on 'Live at The Forum'. 'Willow Weep For Me' follows next and is pleasant enough. After this I think the album really gets going. Most of he rest of the songs are great, especially 'Try To Win A Friend', 'I Think It's Going To Rain Today' and the 'Glocca Morra' led medley. I also like the bonkers 'Lost In Wonderland' which is a good reminder that, although seen as middle-of-the-road, Streisand had her moments of being quite quirky and avant garde.
on 14 February 2013
I have been a Barbra Streisand addict since I listened to Yentl, herbest album ever in my opinion, and I started buying all her Cds.
Although I enjoyed listening to the last cd's, love is the answer and the one for the Bermangs it makes me more sad than anything. She still performs like no other, don't get me wrong, but I think of the golden voice she had, and I can't hear it any more.
So when I listened to this Cd I was so happy I had my idol back...
The songs selection is amazing, all the songs sound like they are written just now for the best singer ever, and she sings them so beautifully.. I cannot stop listening to the studio version of "one more look at you"..
Keep looking for more unreleased songs, Barbra, and let us have vol 2 and 3....