on 4 January 2014
Another sucker who thought buying from Amazon would give some assurance that I'd be avoiding the seemingly many fakes out there from less scrupulous suppliers.

Using H2testw, a free and well regarded memory card testing utility, the 64GB 70MB/s read, 20MB/s write microSDHC card comes out at 3.3GB's in capacity with writes at 13MB and reads of 8.5MB/s.

Normally I am pretty quick to test cards but had left it over the Xmas holiday period whilst away so I've fallen foul of the unscrupulous shyster who re-badged an obviously defective unit and mis-sold it. It took me far too long to realise what was causing so many read errors and like an idiot I lost all the family snaps I took.

So, from now on I shall endeavor to test memory cards before using them even when bought from reputable sellers like Amazon (even at a realistic price). I guess the latest batch for their Black Friday deal must have been sourced someplace else so I hope they track down the counterfeiter and re-configure his memory cells a bit too.
on 14 February 2013
I wanted to boost the memory as much as possible ans, so far, it seems to be working fine in my Galaxy Note 2. I contacted Samsung to check that it was compatile and they said yes! A doddle to fit and instantly recognised
on 3 December 2013
Another fake. I ordered this on Black Friday like others here. When I copied some music files onto it was very, very slow. I then checked the properties and found it was only 32GB, not 64. Very disappointing Amazon.
on 1 December 2013
Packaging and the card itself looked fine and the card shows up as ~62GB in Windows so no initial reasons to be suspicious. However the card kept coming up with errors in a GoPro, initially I thought it must have been the GoPro (who are renowned for their buggy software) and tried formatting, updating, resetting but videos still did not record.

Then decided to try copying some pictures onto the card (after a reformat) and after the first few hundred copied fine, the remainder all came up as unreadable. Sequential read and write speeds were also nowhere near advertised and to top it off the writing on the back of the card were starting to rub off already and it says "Made in Taiwan" rather than "Made in Korea" like my other 3 Samsung micro SD cards.

Finally to top it off, I re-checked the description on Amazon from the Orange Emporium: "New, unopened and untested. Any faulty items can be easily returned to AMAZON for a FULL REFUND or REPLACEMENT. Sent by Amazon for greater piece of mind." Hmm... sounds extremely dodgy and I'm kicking myself for having not noticed this in the first place and wasted so much time. Got a refund in the end but already bought a Sandisk alternative so can't comment on a genuine version of this card (which I'm sure is excellent given my previous experience with Samsung memory and SSDs).

THE ORANGE EMPORIUM should be banned asap and I'm pushing for Amazon to do this, it's unacceptable that this is a "Fulfilled by Amazon" item. Looking at other reviews it seems other customers have also been fooled by this seller.
on 9 December 2013
Like other reviewers who purchased on Black Friday, upon inspection this is a fake. No grey writing (samsung logo), Says made in Korea on packaging, but made in Taiwan on card itself. The packaging itself (which incidentally looks slightly suspect doesn't fit together well, and has a visible line where someone seems to have manually guillotined it !

Anyone who has purchased one of these fakes needs to hold Amazon to account. In law the contract is between you and them, and whilst I can't think they intentionally supply fakes (and will seek to blame it on their supplier)it is their checking procedures that are inadequate. Press for a full refund AND Compensation.
on 11 December 2013
I also ordered the card directly from Amazon ("sold by Amazon") and received a fake one.
All the text on the front of the card is white and the package differs from the one on Samsung website ([...] The funny (or sad, depends how you look at it) thing is that I bought it via a direct link from samsung.com website. On the link above, if you go to WHERE TO BUY --> Find online retailers , one of the links points to the fake card on Amazon.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 December 2013
Very disappointed with this purchase, realized something was wrong with the card but not what!! After reading some of the comments about this product and checking it, I knew I'd also got a dodgy card! Would expect much better from a company like Amazon, like someone else has already said, "SHAME ON YOU AMAZON".
on 17 December 2013
I am astounded that a company with the stature of Amazon could be duped into accepting and supplying fake goods. I always try to buy directly from Amazon rather than a re-seller for peace of mind. That’s why I spent 3 days trying everything I could to make this card work. I tried various card readers and reformatted the card using various file systems to rule out compatibility problems. I also tried various PCs and tablets, but the card would only ever accept about 4GB of data. I transferred about 10 films but only two would play. The card indicated the other films were there but they were not. It also indicated there was 64GB of data but there plainly wasn’t. The writing on the card has smudged and physically the card appears to be inferior quality compared to my other Samsung MicroSD. Transfer speeds (when it it did actually read/write data) were also painfully slow. I just couldn't believe Amazon could supply a fake product. Even after downloading an Android App that confirmed the card was fake. Then I checked the reviews on Amazon which was the final nail in this piece of S**t’s coffin. Card is now being returned (minus packaging which to be honest appeared genuine which is why we threw it away). Now where do I go for SD cards??
on 8 December 2013
I received my first Samsung 64 gb micro sd card which I inserted into my smart phone only to find that the card was not recognised. I then tried on my desktop computer via a card reader which also did not register the card. I sent the card back to Amazon who sent me a replacement promptly.

The second card I received was able to be formatted via my smart phone however after several attempts to transfer mp3 files on the card I found that the music files were not recognised or even missing on the micro sd card.

For a card that reports having high transfer speeds this clearly was not the case as it took nearly six hours to transfer 40gb's of mp3 files using a usb 2 cable.

PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE AND DO NOT BOTHER BUYING THIS SD CARD.

The amount of time wasted going to the post office with the defective product and trying to transfer data only to find it corrupted after several hours is a pointless exercise in futility.

I have yet to see if I will have a refund on this item.
on 4 December 2013
As others have found the card bought from Amazon in the recent daily deals is either faulty or fake. Maximum write speed achieved was 4MB/s. Card returned.