Platform: PlayStation3|Change

on 16 December 2014
This is really good. The only game I've ever played where the main character is a female POC, a welcome change from the endless supply of white guy with stubble. The graphics are great, it's a really beautiful game- set in the futuristic paris it includes landmarks, but the way they have been modernised is just amazing. I love the fighting too, you have combo attacks that take getting used to but are really fun to use. you also have special attacks, which are cool looking, and fun to use. the special fight sequences, when you take down bosses, are really great, it took me a few tries at first to get used to. The story is great too, fast paced and interesting I played for nearly three days straight!

This is deffinetely my new fav game and anyone looking for something different should deffinetely try this!
on 25 October 2014
This game is so underrated.. I completed it recently (eventhough I had my PS4 at launch) but didn't want to abandon the PS3 before completing this game. I've always loved and enjoyed Capcom games (Excluding Reisdent Evil 4 onwards). The DmC reboot was epic and this game reminds me alot of DmC reboot .. same mechanics and engine..
The game is so original in concept and game play.. not repetitive at all. It felt a bit short but I think because I was really enjoying it.
I would probably play it again if it got re-mastered.
on 18 February 2014
I downloaded this via the Sony PSN site. It`s a great game and graphically brilliant! Why oh why, is the "Script Kiddie" level (the easiest that there is) SO hard? It`s a fine line between games developers making a game too easy or difficult, but this is the hardest game that I`ve ever played. So much so, that I`m very close to giving up, even though I am only 23% through the game. If Remember Me 2 comes out, afraid to say that I shall not be buying it. A great game spoilt, which is a real shame.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 January 2014
This game is enjoyable in some areas, the dystopia created in the game is very interesting and the graphics rival PS4's. The combat is okay, there is a lot of combo button mashing but you can mix up what the combos do. The platforming is also very dull as it is linear and there is an arrow which tells you where to jump. I also don't like the puzzle sequences that much, the memory altering bits I find quite dull and usually end up looking up what to do on the internet.
on 16 October 2014
This caught me off guard. Remember Me is a gwm of a game, that is once you understand it. Graphics are excellent, and up there with some of the best of PS3-xbox, sounds is decent too.

The only negitive is some of the boss fights (mainly the final), they often follow the same pattern of having loads of small enermies and then the main boss. While it doesn't kill the game it is annoying.

Defo worth a buy 4/5
on 9 June 2013
Have you ever fancied playing a science fiction game that takes its visual cues from Blade Runner and I-Robot whilst combining gameplay elements from Tomb Raider 2013 and Mirrors Edge before being topped off with a tiny sprinkling of Uncharted? Then Remember Me is the game for you.

The lead heroine certainly takes her look and attitude from Lara Croft and Faith which is definitely no bad thing at all. Now I'll be honest, I'm a sucker for games set in the far future especially when things have all gone a tiny bit wrong so maybe I'm more enthusiastic than most here but to me, the developer Dontnod has created a beautifully rich world and a fantastic artistic vision of the future. The level of detail and design on show here is absolutely superb and Neo-Paris in 2084 is an absolute joy to behold. Quite often I would just stop and rotate the camera around to take in the visuals of the sprawling metropolis such was the quality of the visuals. In terms of the gameplay, Nilin starts off as fairly basic with her moves but as she starts to remember more, her powers increase. All the time though, the game takes its time to introduce you to any new gameplay elements you gain though so you're never too overwhelmed. At various parts of the story, you will also get an opportunity to change a persons memory to make a totally different outcome to an event. I won't say too much about these bits so as not to ruin them but at first I must admit to thinking "what the hell is going on here?" but you soon figure it out. It certainly felt like a nice change of pace and pretty original too.

In terms of the story and narrative, I thought it was nicely constructed and although I've read a few comments saying the characters and story were weak, I would disagree especially as the back story is fleshed out further by collecting the journal entries that Nilin can read once you find them (they're hidden throughout the game) so more of the story is there if you're prepared to invest a little bit of time into it.

All in all, I really enjoyed this game and would definitely recommend it. It's not perfect but it's been made by a team that were obviously passionate about the story and the world they were creating. It pains me to say this though but I know deep down that this game will most likely flop as it's a new IP and it just doesn't appeal to the shoot everything COD generation and it really deserves better than that. It's certainly destined to become a cult classic though and cherished deeply by those who enjoyed it much like Mirrors Edge is. As I say, if you love sci-fi games (and indeed films) then I have a sneaky feeling you might just enjoy this. I certainly did.
33 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 March 2014
This game has so much potential both in the graphics and the setting but wastes it all with some drab linear gameplay. The cyperpunk style of a futuristic Paris is both original and engaging, and yet it appears only as window dressing. There are no options to explore or interact with the world and onscreen prompts tell you exactly where to go and even what handholds to use.

The action in the game uses a very artifical arena style similar to some fighting games. When a fight starts you build up hits allowing you to use more complicated combo moves which might do extra damage or even heal your character. None of it seems very natural and you are always trapped in a very limited space, unable to run off or utilise the environment.

The system for stealing and piecing together memories is original but again you are limited by the story to only use this technology as and when dictated by the plot.

Unfortunately I never got to the end of the game as it seemed that stopping playing was the only way I could get off the railroad tracks I seemed to be on. There is no multiplayer game included and no options for character cutomisation beyond chosing which combos to learn next. When compared to some of the outstanding open world style games out there Remember Me belongs firmly in the past.
on 3 February 2014
CAPCOM forever i would never imagine something so extraordinary . I have played a lot of sci-fi games but the Neo Paris combine the present with a future no so good for the humanity .
I love it
on 15 February 2016
Great game play, Hours turn into days
on 22 January 2014
This game is awesome in nearly every aspect, you will not regret buying it, only the combat can be somewhat boring at first, but after the second episode it's sheer awesomeness!