Customer reviews

on 8 July 2012
Ive purchased this after trying to find "something lost" after reading the 50shades trilogy within 4 days,re-reading it, being sidetracked by bared to you and finally I'm no longer aching after Christians and Anas story.
Gabriel and Julianne have taken my emotions and passion for them to a different level:I've laughed and cried so much reading the full story)within the past 2 days and I'm beyond relieved that they found their happily ever after. The story and writing perspective to me has more substance than FSOG (and that's a huge thing to come from me-my husband knows how fondly I've been talking about it over and over and over and over again)and if you'd asked me which story I prefer it's gabriels and Julia's!I'll be re-reading it shortly.
on 20 July 2012
I fell in love with Professor Emerson in Gabriel's Inferno when it was the chosen read for our book club, naturally I had to read the sequel to find out what happened to Gabriel and Julia and wasn't disappointed, couldn't put the book down. I lived through the pain, frustration and, most of all, the love they felt for each other. I've never laughed, cried and shouted so much at a book like I did with Gabriel's Rapture. Can't begin to describe how I passionate I feel about this beautiful love story and I know the book club girls feel the same way. We can't get enough of the Professor and hope Sylvain Reynard takes pity on us and writes a third book.
on 4 August 2012
Jealousy, suspense and a fantastically woven love story. This story will remain with me long after the last page and these two books I will revisit many times in the future.

A love story that is both satisfying as it is engrossing and quite simply a page turner. I've come to love all the characters within it's pages and I thank the author for allowing a view into the world of Academia. It was enlightening and very well executed into being brought to life. Sylvian, I would like to thank you for some wonderful escapism, for both Dante's Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture.
on 30 May 2012
Wow, Sylvain Reynard did not disappoint! This sequel is at least as good as Gabriel's Inferno. The book is full of thoughtful ideas about life, sin, forgiveness and love. In Gabriel's Rapture, the author connected love and sex in most beautiful way and the way he sees marriage is absolutely wonderful. The book has a very substantial effect on me. It made me cry and it made me think a lot about the life. I don't remember feeling such a strong compassion for main characters as I had when reading this book.

I really admire Sylvain Reynard for his ability of forming such a beautiful compliments in this book. Moreover, he is a master of teasing and all of the sex scenes were so real and so tasteful. Some of the compliments said by Professor to Julia, made even me blushed when reading it :)

"You must have been designed and not merely made"

SPOILERS

The author succeeded again in creating realistic characters. Gabriel and Julia are not perfect, and they both made various mistakes in this book. But this is how life goes, how we learn. Gabriel has changed a lot comparing to Gabriel's Inferno and I was so happy to read that he was able to find his peace finally.

This book about love and forgiveness touched my heart and I am sure I will re-read it couple of times. SR, thanks a lot for enable us to read such a wonderful story!
on 13 June 2012
I devoured this book in a couple of days. Like the first Gabriels Inferno I could not put it down, I found it very intense and was impatient to find out the conclusion. I loved the story and I'm suprised both books are not more popular.
on 26 August 2012
Its nearly 1am in the morning and I've just finished Gabriel 's Rapture. I can't stop crying, tears of joy. It's a must to read, please if you read any books before the end 2012, please read Gabriels Inferno and Gabriel's Rapture.
on 24 May 2012
I'm rather reluctant to write this review. I've been putting it off for a day really thinking about what I wanted to say, finally here we go.

Gabriel's Inferno was one of my favorite books of the year, I couldn't wax on about it enough, so I was so looking forward to Rapture, so much that I downloaded it at 12am on the morning it was released. Right from the first few pages I knew that this book wasn't going to live up to it's predecessor. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of really good writing, Sylvain Reynard is a talent there is no denying that, he continues to weave his intellectual magic through his prose, (though his narrative voice isn't as sarcastic as previously, which I miss) and Professor Gabriel Emerson is as entertaining as ever, intense, sexy, infuriating at times; the perfect romantic novel hero. Where this book fell down for me was in the dialogue, I, more often than I'd have wished, found it immature and at times pedantic. The whole book also felt very rushed, or maybe just badly thought out/edited. For instance there were pages given over to scenarios that did not particularly moved the plot along or added any value to the experience,(Paul in Vermont at Christmas, wrapping presents, why?!) but then mere mentions/asides of important scene which we never got to read (Gabriel's final discussion with Paulina, I would have been really interested in being "present" for that chat), I'm not sure if we needed a word for word account of Gabriel's Uffizi lecture, yes it gave Reynard a chance to impress us with his knowledge/thorough research on the subject but it's a specialist topic, one in which not every reader would necessarily have been interested. I would have like to have read the scene where Gabriel had dinner with his family when he returned home for the Rachel's wedding and had to explain his actions; these are the kind of editing choices I didn't understand.

Finally my feeling are that Rapture was a contractual obligation that needed to be delivered on time, with a certain amount of pages and tick certain amount of boxes and that is what it does; but it doesn't feel "loved" the way Inferno did, I wonder if there was maybe too much editorial interference, because unlike Inferno which started it's life on a fan fiction site and as such was completely the work of the author, Rapture might have had more imput from outside sources ie Omnific Publishing. If you've already started the series then it would be a disservice not to complete it and as such I am glad I took the time to read Rapture, I just wish it's effect on me were more reminiscent of Inferno (I read that book cover to cover around 4 times!) I do though look forward to reading whatever else Reynard comes out with after this.
on 26 August 2012
I thought this series was brilliant. The characters were interesting and captivating. I also loved the links to Dante which, previously, i must confess i didnt know much about.
on 5 July 2013
The minute I finished Gabriel's Inferno, I started the second book in the trilogy, and have to say I absoutely loved this book and read late into last night just to finish it. SR is a very talented author, who certainly knows how to write themes such as love, redemption and other things into his books.

I fell in love with Professor Gabriel Emerson and Julia Mitchell from the moment I read the first book, and would recommend this book to anyone. I went through so many emotions while reading this.

You won't be disappointed.
on 4 July 2012
An absolutely wonderful sequel to Gabriel's Inferno. These books moved me to want to be a better person,learn more and live life to the full. The Professor has his issues,but he's very endearing none the less. It's so very well written,i adore it. I have been recommending this and G.I to friends and family and i'm pleased to say they have fallen for the story just as much as i did. An amazing read from start to finish.