Customer reviews

Walk The Moon
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£6.99

on 17 April 2017
Not what I expected, every track sounded the same.
on 4 August 2013
Fast, energy-filled, dance-around-the-room melodies for you to listen to until your heart is content. This album never fails to bring a smile to my face with its unflinchingly joyful lyrics and happy beats. If you don't find yourself dancing, it's probably the wrong album in your Walk The Moon case.

I'm happy to say too, that Walk The Moon are not even a 'one-trick pony'; 'Iscariot' is a slow, melancholy track from the album with a much more serious theme behind it (a very good piece of music if I do say so myself). My only criticism... the album is too short!

Buy if: you like being happy and jumping up and down like no-one's watching.
Avoid if: you live in a cave and hate anything remotely fun.
on 28 November 2012
I discovered Walk The Moon on my recent research of modern bands paying homage to the long lost classic 80's New Wave sound. I sampled some of their songs and felt they had some clear authenticity with great and obvious influences, so I bought the CD.

After listening to the album in its entirety, I can't help but feel there's still some unrealized potential here. You have some wonderfully upbeat and catchy songs that would sit nicely along some of the best from thirty years ago, the three best tunes having been made into very entertaining videos: "Anna Sun", "Tightrope" and "Next In Line". I couldn't help but be impressed when I saw the vocalist sporting a keytar, (Howard Jones would be so proud), and the bassist playing a guitar with a look and sound right out of Duran Duran's "Planet Earth" video. But I guess it is cyclical, so it may have (thankfully!!) been inevitable that the look and sound of New Wave (which was highly scoffed at during the miserably lifeless and colorless 90's) would return again.

But the potential of Walk The Moon is marred by, dare I say it..., juvenile lyrics about girls. OK, so you're young and in a perpetual state of arousal. That's super, but part of the charm of the 80's was that songs could be about any random subject, (telephone booths, construction sites, bugs, anything and everything). Part of the escape with New Wave was that it wasn't the same bland lyrical fodder found in mundane pop music of the time, or any time for that matter. So while the music of Walk The Moon can be very catchy, some songs are ruined by the samey subject matter. The song "Jenny" would have worked if it wasn't just a moderately clever wet dream, and by this point in the album it was just too much.

So while I can appreciate that these guys are young and still developing their identity, I'll be interested in seeing if the catchy tunes on the next album vary a bit in lyrical subject matter. I would be disappointed to see them go down adult contemporary blandness, like other New Wave revivalists Two Door Cinema Club seem to be doing on their second album, but I would like to see a bit more variety in the words on a future release, which I will investigate when the day comes.
on 18 November 2012
With splashes of psychedelic, in-your-face colour the album artwork for Walk The Moon's debut mirrors the bands explosive sound. Opener `Quesadilla' proves this with fast paced guitars and `HEY's' shouted on every other bar which is enough to inspire anyone to get moving. Bright, joyful synths fill the chorus and provide a solid hook and the electronic sounds back this up.

Next up on `Lisa Baby' there's surging bass and clean guitars matched with more synths. Although the vocals are catchy, this particular track is a little too repetitive and definitely could use a bit more zing. `Next In Line' is a floor filler with hooks galore and silky vocals not too dissimilar to those of Panic! At The Disco's Brendan Urie. With smooth falsetto and Two Door Cinema Club esque guitars `Next In Line' is possibly one of the best tracks on the album. Debut single, `Anna Sun' is jam-packed full of happiness, a perfect summer song, guaranteeing a smile on your face whatever the weather.

`Tightrope' is equally catchy and cheerful along with `Shiver Shiver' which has impeccably clean falsetto prone to actually sending a shiver down your spine. `Lions' is a bizarre 35 second instrumental interlude which seems rather unnecessary. `Iscariot' is similarly disappointing, a 5 minute ballad-like affair which is a little out of place compared with the rest of the album. Despite this, last track `I Can Lift A Car' is endearing, proclaiming "I can lift a car up all by myself!"; charming evidence that Walk The Moon have high ambitions and a positive outlook on life.

Walk The Moon have managed to create a summery album bursting with swirling guitars, soaring falsetto and punchy electronica all blended into one. A really great album for any day of the week, a simple pick-me-up or an album to put on at a party, Walk The Moon has it all.
on 23 August 2013
This CD is a must have summer album, it has been on replay both in the CD player and my mind since I bought it! I found Walk the Moon when looking for a band similar to Two Door Cinema Club. Their songs certainly capture the same upbeat happy feeling and make you want to dance like nobody is watching. Having listened to 'Tightrope' and 'Anna Sun' I bought the album in the hope that the rest of the songs would live up to my expectations and they certainly did. The songs are catchy and it is easy to be singing along to the chorus after first listen. Even the slow song 'Iscariot' is catchy which I think find a very rare characteristic.
The artwork in the lyric booklet and fonts are also beautiful and add to my love for this product.
All the songs are of single quality, I loved the whole album from first listen.
This is one of my go to CDs and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for some fun summer tracks!
on 8 November 2012
I have to admit i brought this album on a bit of a gamble as id only heard one song before but the gamble certainly paid off. This is one of the best Albums i've heard in a long long time.
on 11 August 2013
Heard these first at the P!NK concert as one of her warm up acts at the O2 - also check out CHURCHILL for another great band. I really enjoyed the songs they played, really catchy. Found this album and thought I'd give it a go - love it! I can listen to the whole album but some favourites - Jenny, Anna Sun, Tightrope, I can lift a car and I could keep going - worth a listen and I will keep looking for the next album.
on 6 June 2013
Absolutely incredible album - would recommend without hesitation to anyone! I would liken them to artists like Imagine Dragons, Young The Giant and Youngblood Hawke. It includes some really upbeat tracks like 'Anna Sun', 'Tightrope' and 'JEnny' all of which contribute to a completely brilliant self-titled album.
on 22 April 2013
Went and watched P!nk live at the LG Arena Birmingham and Walk The Moon were her support band. I must admit they sounded really good live, so on returning home ordered the album. Well worth the investment and if you do get the chance go see them.
on 15 December 2012
Bought this as a friend had boomed tickets for us to.see then on tour next year. Had heard Anna Sun and loves it. Glad to say that the album lives up to that track. Worth a buy.