Customer reviews

Excellent
on 4 June 2017
Finanly i got my DVD....
on 9 February 2013
I was fortunate enough to own the original of this film on VHS way back when it came out in I think Feb or Mar 1987, it came on the back of a very successful European tour and preceded by 2 weeks the final concert that Queen as a complete band undertook, which was Knebworth on Aug 9th 1986, I wasn't aware at that time that a Hungarian film unit (partly funded by their then state) actually filmed the footage, it's only now you realise just how far Queen's appeal reached, that it can actually influence the decision making of the parliament in Budapest to allow what would be deemed as musically beyond acceptable levels in politburos of other neighbouring countries of the former eastern bloc, thus this film is a triumph of art over bureaucracy and still holds true today.
The re-mastering is also a triumph capturing Queen in their only venture into Eastern Europe, who knows how much further they could have gone if they had for instance played Prague open air.
10 out of 10.
on 17 September 2017
First and foremost, I love this film because Queen was an excellent band and their idea to make this movie in Hungary, behind the iron curtain helped a lot of people to realise that this country might have a communist regime but its people are open to great things like Queen's music just like everywhere else in the world.
Secondly, I enjoyed this trip on the memory lane enormously because though I did not go to see this gig (I was an immense Iron Maiden fan, still I am and I saw Maiden and Scorpions giving a gig in Budapest in 1986), I have a lot of friends who did and influenced by them I bought a pile of Queen albums those days and enjoyed listening to them.
Last but not least, on this tour Queen was promoting A Kind of Magic, which is a great album, but they also played a lot of great old hits and simply, the band was also enjoying their tremendous success and they played so well that I do not think any other bands could have caught up with them those days.
Get it and enjoy!
on 8 May 2015
It's already been said that if you like Wembley then you'll like this and that is true.

I didn't mind the snippets of the band in their private time. Bit odd to put them the the middle of the gig as opposed to the end but hay ho.

I think the quality of the DVD footage, voices and instruments on the CD's are actually clearer than the Wembley one. However; I do feel there was more audience interaction in Wembley. No doubt because they can understand FM when he talks to them etc.

Overall; I did enjoy this and I would recommend it.
on 14 April 2013
excellent concert from queen, top class performance well done and spectacular ! queen give a stunning show full of rock n roll
on 20 April 2015
no problems prompt delivery
on 10 September 2015
Waste of money
on 1 February 2015
What can I say other than OUT-STAND-ING. Watching Freddie onstage is just an honour even on a DVD. It's part of the magic tour and would say this was filmed at their peak. If you like the live a Wembley DVD and want something similar then this is definitely up there with that performance.