Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 7 October 2012
THIS WAS AN UNEXPECTED BUT WONDERFUL READ. IT WAS EASY TO IDENTIFY WITH THE CHARACTERS, AND RATHER IRONIC THAT IT IS ONLY AVAILABLE IN KINDLE FORMAT. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THIS AUTHORS NEXT BOOK, AND WOULD RECOMMEND THIS READ TO ANYONE. THE
PREMISE IS AN OLD ONE, GREED, BUT THE USE OF TECHNOLOGY IS FRIGHTENING IN ITS EASE OF ABUSE. VERY THOUGHT PROVOKING.
on 27 July 2013
This book is simply amazing. From the start I was hooked and I was kept not only guessing but also entertained the entire time. Made me both laugh and cry but never made me yawn.
on 14 August 2014
A delightful story, that is set in another time and place. The people and events fit so snugly together, making it a story that just flows.

At no time does the story stutter, or use words to form a sentence, then chapters, for no other reason than padding the story out.

I give it 5 stars, because the story is a joy, not only for the telling of it, but the imagination that runs with it.

We all see books from our own perspective, but I find it hard to believe that this story would not put a smile on any readers face.
on 22 April 2014
I picked this up at random from the local library, and had started reading it before I got home. (Walking along the road with my nose in a book) By the end of the first chapter, I had been banished to another room for laughing too much. I was lucky enough that the author was having a book signing in m library the next day, so I went back and bought two copies. One for me, and one as a random gift. My friend is now also enjoying the book.

I would highly recommend this book, and am looking forward to Rachel's next offering.
on 19 January 2013
Funny, thought provoking and insightful!

I loved the way in which the book highlighted how we easily slip into patterns of thought and behaviour that restrict us. I found it rather worrying how much I could relate to the quirks of the characters!!! I really appreciated the unlikely and understated heroes - perhaps there's hope for me yet!
on 21 July 2014
What a fantastic read! You find yourself very connected with the characters and can relate to a lot of the themes that run through the book: greed, 'big brother' and the takeover and obsession that technology can have. I enjoyed playing detective throughout the book and was a very addictive read! Would highly recommend.
on 15 October 2012
I really enjoyed this and it made me laugh out loud, which isn't easy! There are some great characters that kept me returning to the book, even though I should have been doing a hundred other things. Be warned; once you get into it you'll struggle to get anything else done until you get to the end.
on 30 July 2014
What a find! I got this book free and was surprised completely by it. It is funny, endearing and thought provoking. From picking it up I didn't want to put it down. If you like Terry Prachett's - Going Postal then you will love the writers style in this book. A highly recommended read.
on 3 October 2012
A really beautiful book that nourished my imagination. Brilliant characters wonderfully meshed together in a clever story. Lighthearted but with a thought provoking undercurrent.
I laughed out loud .. thoroughly recommended!
on 29 March 2013
I found this book to be so different from a lot of books i have read for a while. It had every thing in a simple way. Various love stories running through it, you were able to play the detective. Just a lovely read