VINE VOICEon 18 February 2014
I've enjoyed listening to Kylie before, but not enough to buy one of her albums. Having seen her recently on BBC's The Voice, I thought I'd see what she'd been doing lately, and came across The Abbey Road Sessions. I love all kinds of music; pop, rock, country, classical; and this album is simply superb because it takes some great pop songs and provides a classical twist. This is a very classy album, there's some terrific material here. It's not really classical in the sense of going to see a concert at the Festival Hall, there's all sorts of other instruments used. Better the Devil You Know, starts with just voice, piano and backing singers, and later introduces a jazz guitar. Hand On Your Heart uses drum, bass, guitar and synthesizer. Finer Feelings starts with a string orchestra but soon sounds like the opening track to a James Bond movie. Can't Get You Out of My Head sounds like a soundtrack from a thriller, with it's stabbing strings and pulsing bass drum. And Locomotion, what can I say? With R&B honker sax it sounds like one of my favourite numbers from Sister Act!

I love this album, every track is a sound sensation, and it is so refreshing to have an artist record material like this. I would strongly disagree with anyone who says that Kylie's voice doesn't lend itself to material like this. I think her voice is magical and shines more in this kind of material than in any of her previous work. The album is wonderful, the orchestrations could fit the soundtrack to any number of movies, and Kylie made a good move in producing this album. More please! (Do you do requests?!)
on 26 March 2013
I would never say i was an avid fan of Kylie, and have never purchased an album of hers, but i love this album. I purchased this because i heard this version of 'Cant get you out of my head' and really liked the new arrangement, strings etc, then my friend, (who is definately not a Kylie fan) recommended this. I brought it and absolutely love the new arrangements for old songs, i didnt realise i knew so many. You also realise what a lovely unique sounding voice she has, not the strongest in the world, but it doesnt matter.
Favoutite song - Cant get you out of my head, most surpringly good songs - I should be so lucky, (a completly different arrangement slowed down) and Its Never too Late
I would recommend this to everyone and buy and listen to it with an open mind, you will be surprised that you actually like it
on 13 February 2015
Having heard a snippet of a song on the "Nationwide" TV advert, I researched who sang it. I was surprised to find it was one Kylie Minogue on this particular album (I Believe In You). Having bought the album on the strength of this one song, I wasn't disappointed with the rest of the album. There are some really fascinating interpretations of previously published songs here .... some barely recognizable from the original. Frankly, I've fallen in love with the rich, complex and subtle renditions offered by Ms Minogue on this album
on 13 February 2014
This album is fantastic. Kylie does some absolutely brilliant covers of her own songs, in an orchestral, slowed-down fashion. Where The Wild Roses Grow and Confide In Me are here, also Never Too Late from her S/A/W days. Kylie imbues the songs with added class, making each renewed version mean something different to the original. It's a great idea, and Kylie has pulled it off masterfully.

One of the best songs, surprisingly, on this album is Finer Feelings. I say surprisingly because it wasn't a massive hit for Kylie first time around. But the lush rearrangement is a classic.
on 27 March 2017
This is simply superb. The new arrangements are thoughtfully crafted and completely transform the songs. Meanwhile Kylie's voice really shines, even in the stripped-down tracks that could have left her rather exposed. Whoever came up with the idea for this album is a genius. It could have been a disaster, but it's a triumph. There are too many standout songs to mention them all individually, but special mention must go to new song "Flower".
on 2 February 2013
Firstly, for those who have doubted whether Kylie can sing, this album proves she can. The stripped-back style really suits her, and the new interpretations of the songs have a lovely mature sound. Some of the songs are an enjoyable surprise - for example, the haunting poignancy of Better The Devil You Know and Hand On your Heart. There is one new song on here - the beautiful Flower.

A great album, very easy to listen to whether you're a long-standing Kylie fan or not.
on 26 June 2014
La Minogue did rerecord some of her greatest successes, but NOT in a corny way artists did do that when the CD was introduced, this is a well produced, well thought through album, and Kylie is so gracious to her fans ! it's a pitty that this cd (a doulble disc version) does not contain the wonderfull concert she gave in London !!!

on 12 October 2017
Totally different style of music to Kylie's usual offerings....lights off, light a candle and chill with a glass of vino....blissful!
on 26 February 2013
As a Kylie fan and having heard snippets of some of these recordings, I felt a little unsure about what I heard. However, I put it on my Christmas list and waited. I'm so glad that I did, I was pleasantly surprised as to how well these songs work together as a whole - possibly with the exception of 'Locomotion' somewhere in the middle - the very nature of that song gives it a more lighthearted touch than the rest. A little sultry and sophisticated, one of those rare albums that I find good to listen to whether I'm doing household chores or relaxing with a glass of wine. Absolutely love the track "Flower"
on 3 March 2013
I love, love, love this album. An incredibly different take on the Kylie sound - she actually sounds much better as an artist with these new interpretations of her old songs: I should be so lucky is just beautiful and totally different to the original.

Each track has its own surprising new version and I love every single one of them.

Only grudge would be the Locomotion track which tends to bring the tone down slightly. But I never did like that song anyway!

All in all though, it's a beautiful album to listen and relax to.