on 20 June 2014
Very quick delivery.

However, as per the other reviews, its not the one you get in the picture. I dont believe its 1/2 height either as its exactly the same size as the old IDE one its replacing!

Noted a few reviews about packaging. Apart from the fact that people need to be reviewing the item, not the packaging I had no problem with it arriving in an Amazon envelope. No software is supplied but this is not needed in my opinion. If it was, it would push the price up.

all in all, superb value for money and ideal for my new pc build
on 27 May 2014
This drive is all you need to burn discs, for the price they are perfect, they came super fast and superseded all my expectations. I would recommend them to anybody. I cannot understand why they have bad reviews I have had many other much more expensive drives that are much slower, louder and not worth the money I have paid for them. I will be adding these to all my computer builds in the future until something better and cheaper comes along (if that ever happens).
on 14 March 2017
I bought this to replace my previous optical drive which was the previous model of the same, I find they just work. It works well for me, I didn't even need a firmware update. Doesn't make that whirring noise some of them have.
on 15 May 2014
The delivery was prompt which was great.

The drive came exactly as described and will fit perfectly into any case bay.
I would have given this item 4 stars as it does not come with a SATA data cable and the 2 that came with my case were tied up with hard drives, but it does not mention one in the description so it was my own fault for not checking. Just make sure you have enough data cables for the hard drive.

It is excellence value for a standard DVD drive and work very well.
on 18 March 2014
Had one for over 3 years and it still works very well. So much so that when this was on special, I grabbed another for my new build to keep me going till BD RW come down to a reasonable price.

Really can't go wrong with this drive. Good speed but can be a tad noisy when spinning at full speed.
on 11 August 2014
i like these drives and i actually bought two so i already have a spare for when the first packs up. The thing you aren't generally told is when playing games for instance, you have to have the disk in the drive and that puts mileage on it so they dont last that long then. For the price ,these drives are really good value :)
on 15 June 2017
Good writer, another one of the components that i bought when rebuilding my computer back in 2013.
on 13 October 2014
Bought this to run outside a PC on a desktop via an external SATA and so far it has been brilliant. I have used it to burn many forms of media (DVD +/-, DL DVD +, CD RW, DVD RW) and it has performed as expected with each. For the money this product is peerless.
on 12 July 2016
still working months later ,though the tray has started to play up with refusing to open unless i press it 3 times.
on 14 February 2016
Arrived quick, worked straight out of the box, just slid it in the PC, and connected Power, and transfer leads, and it worked with no problem. It even takes NTSC import video's, and gives an excellent picture.