on 29 August 2013
Both on Amazon and on Edimax's uk website it says

"The multi-area motion detection function also works with the network camera's recording feature. When motion is detected, the IC-3115W is able to produce video footage of the monitored area up to 60 seconds in length."

This is not true. Edimax support have said it will never do this, and it's the reason I purchased the camera.

Also it does not date and timestamp the image like on maany older Edimax Cameras. Together these mean this camera is not very good for home security. look elsewhere.

Real Shame as it has good resolution and much better low light capability than my older edimax cameras.
on 20 September 2014
Lovely little camera to film our Hedgehogs.It arrived on time and was well packed and a lot cheaper on Amazon then were we brought the other one we use to film the wild birds with.Easy to set up and use my Dad can also watch from his house down the road.
on 13 September 2013
I searched for ages to find an easy to set up IP Camera, it works great through the supplied software and PC / Smart phone app, but best of all for me is the camera can be seen on my Synology Diskstation NAS with the surveillance station software and/or the DS app (it's on the list of cameras supported unlike many others), you just need to get a static IP so you can remotly view (like DynDns or no-ip.com) and watch and operate over LAN or over the web from anywhere that has internet access including 3G.
The 1.3MP view is produced in excellent colour quality and clarity with Hi-Def on the PC and smart phone too, much superior to the foscam. I'm getting 1280x960 on the phone app, just don't expect 30fps you would need to adjust to 640x480 to achive faster even then it will be much lower than stated, you can lock the screen resolution with the supplied software so it doesn't adjust itself. For best results hook it up to a NAS and unlock it's full potential. I'll Probably be buying another soon.
on 7 January 2015
This is a great little camera. It was very easy to set-up and get running. I didn't bother with the supplied CD. I plugged it into my router using the supplied ethernet cable and it soon connected to the network. The default IP address setting is DHCP. Once connected, you can access the cameras settings with a browser and set up the wifi details, etc.

I have been unable to get email or ftp to work (hence 4 stars) but these are not important to me. If you need to use this as some form of security camera and need motion detection then this could be an issue. If you need it simply to provide remote monitoring/viewing without night vision then this is a cheap solution.

Setting up port forwarding and DynDNS allows remote access.
on 13 May 2014
This only has JPEG over HTTP so the use of this is very limited. A lot of software and most NVRs will not be able to record from this, even if they will, it takes significant processing power to encode from separate JPEG images to say H.264 video.
on 9 October 2013
I use a few different types of Edimax cameras. This has by far the best form factor and a great picture for the price.
on 25 February 2013
Quality is good. Mounting bracket is resistant. Web interface is simple but complete. I cannot work with email but ftp works.
I live in italy so i had to buy a plug adapter as the one supplied is only for UK.
on 13 April 2015
Disappointed. Unnecessarily complicated to set up and not all the features seem to be availble if setting up via a Mac. Sent back and bought a Ucam247 instead which was virtually plug and play
on 11 August 2013
I'm not an expert on these things, but in my view this camera is absolute rubbish. When it was working, it needed resetting at least once a day at it would freeze, email alerts have never worked, and viewing it on my iPhone would change the image resolution on my pc. Now it doesn't work at all. Frame rate was about 5fps, not sure if this is the camera's fault or down to my setup/broadband connection, etc. However I have Virgin cable which works at 20Mb/s, and the camera is 6' away from my router (through a timber floor). The Edimax website to configure the camera only works about 25% of the time, most of the time it just hangs.

I've just wasted most of my one day this week trying to get this piece of garbage to work, without success. So I will now be packing it back into its box and sending it back to Amazon.
on 23 July 2015
it works but better out there.