on 19 May 2017
A Fantastic book !!

I Decided to buy this book because I have started to do a lot of pub quizzes and was looking for something to improve my general knowledge. The thing i like about this book is that all the facts are nicely spaced out on the pages which makes for a really fun and easy read. I would highly recommend it, and i look forward to purchasing other books in the same series.
review image review image review image
on 23 May 2017
Brilliant fun fact books great for children, teenagers and adults alike. These are great for home quizzes which is what we use them for and just for picking up if you have a few minutes spare. It's a great pick up, put down book. Great price and good for teenagers stocking fillers.
on 29 November 2016
I was disappointed with this, I didn't realise it would be a list of facts with no further detail at all. Kinda pointless knowing random facts without any detail to back it up.
on 10 January 2014
The facts (if you can call them that) that you'll find in this book, will either blow yours socks off or make you question the accuracy of the facts in the first place. It ties in very well with the theme and purpose of the QI TV show in the way that it actually makes you question everything you know (or thought you knew) to be true.

So in short, if enjoy having your beliefs challenged on a variety of different levels then you will love it. If however your beliefs do not like to be tested to their limits, I would leave this book well alone.
on 5 January 2016
This book brought me lots of both useless and interesting facts. Such as "In 2010, the BBC spent nearly £230,000 on tea, but only £2,000 on biscuits." When I'll need these facts I don't know but now I have them.
on 4 April 2017
Killed loads of time reading facts out to my girlfriend in the airport waiting for a delayed flight.
on 15 June 2017
It's definitely a book of facts all right, though it falls rather short of blowing my socks off. For starters, loads of the 'facts' are actually just the definitions of obscure or obsolete words. Not a bad book, especially if you get it cheap, and it'll fill an hour if you're time.
on 3 May 2017
another fun book from Qi
on 26 January 2013
It really does exactly what the title suggests. There are 1227 facts on a wide variety of subjects, clearly and simply expressed.

It's obviously a book to dip in and out of, and, dare I say it, would make an excellent addition to the bathroom library, but it's well-researched and produced (you're directed to QI's website for citations and background), but there'll certainly be something that will make you stop and think.
on 17 March 2017