My three year old granddaughter loves anything Princess, pink, purples and dolls. So, this doll was a huge hit! I wondered if this was a little gimmicky, and it is, but it is also a lot of fun.

Releasing the Princess Rapunzel from her airtight plastic enclosure took as always, some strength and determination. But once she was free, she was beautiful. Pretty pink and purple gown, purple shoes, purple tiara, and long, long yellow hair. The pink brush is to be filed with cold water or ice chips ad when brushed on the hair, one side turns purple and the other side turns pink! Quite exciting for a three year old! The end of the brush has a place to release stars on the hair, a little over the top! But, this is a much beloved princess, and will withstand quite a bit of wear and tear.

The price of almost $20 is pricey, so this would be a one time event.

Recommended. prisrob 03-29-16
on 7 December 2013
Bought for friends daughter it's what she asked for so it's what she's getting if it's not what she wants on Christmas Day then I don't care she's not my child and I don't really care for children I'd rather be out doing something less boring..5 stars arrived early and exactly what I ordered.
on 1 July 2013
You think because Disney would be well made product. Think again, This was a poorly made cheap toy. Disney should be ashamed.
on 23 January 2014
My daughter really wanted this doll. I was a bit dubious given some of the poor reviews I had read online. However, much to my delight the hair on the doll changes colour as it should. However, for best results I keep the hairbrush (full of water) permanently in the freezer as required. If you put the doll on a radiator the hair turns white! then you can use the cold brush to colour it pink and purple. So much fun for my daughter
on 22 March 2013
I bought this toy for my daughter today after she'd badgered me for it for 2 weeks. Got it out of the packaging and filled the brush with icy cold water as it says to do... Nothing happened. Filled the brush with some ice from the freezer to make it even colder... Still nothing. Put the brush in the freezer for a few minutes and STILL IT DID NOT WORK. The hair does not change colour and getting the little star shapes on it doesn't work either.

I now have a very disappointed little girl and am out of pocket aswell. The only blessing in this whole mess is that I fortunately didn't pay £30 for the doll as I found it in Tesco for £15.

Mattel should be ashamed of themselves, duping children into believing that their substandard products are anything like they look in the TV adverts, and making us parents waste our money. Anyone thinking of buying this product, AVOID IT like the plague, go and flush your money down the toilet instead cus it'll be better spent!
on 10 December 2013
U have to put ice in it for it to work not worth the money at all my daughter was very dissapointed
on 30 August 2013
After seeing the adverts my 6 year old daughter was desperate for this doll, but the colour doesn't come out on the hair anything like the advert. She was very disappointed. The doll was full price and not worth the money.
on 2 March 2013
Bought this doll for my daughter after she saw on tv. Very disapointing. Took doll back to shop within hours of purchase. Colour does not work down the length of hair. Colour only works on the top of head and then you have to press so hard my daughter was unable to do it. She is 6! Water has to be very cold tk even get slight pink colour. No purple visable. What a complete waste of money.
on 27 February 2014
My daughter loves her doll, we find that her hair changes colour when she's outside when it's cold. Very nice doll.
on 3 February 2014
Bought for a 3 year old's birthday. Hair didn't change colour at first as water not cold enough but niece was happy with doll anyway. Next day she was really excited that Rapunzel's hair had changed colour - it had, but doll had been left in a very cool room/in a draught!