on 13 May 2013
I have recently "discovered" Ries through my love of Beethoven and am now building a collection of his music which seems to me very under rated. Great quality recording at a good price. I'm no musical scholar at all but I know what I like, and I like what I hear on these Naxos Reis discs.
on 1 November 2012
What can one say about these works that has not already been said about the rest of the Ries repertoire. The more I hear of this music the more I like it. Delightful, shades of Beethoven, Schubert, et al. Highly listenable.
on 14 December 2012
I heard this music whilst driving the car and had to refer to Classicfm playlist to track it down. It was easy thereafter---just press the 'buy' button and it was through the letter box. Wikipedia give the info on Ferdinand and his music. I was in a particularly happy state of mind and this melodic music matched my mood. Now every time I hear the CD I recall that mood,in particular the Introduction/Rondeau.
on 12 January 2014
One of the many pianistic masterpieces composed by this inexplicably neglected composer/virtuoso. I must in due course obtain the other four volumes. The performances on this CD cannot be faulted.
on 28 November 2013
Sent for this following David Mellor's show on Classic FM and I haven't stopped listening since. It is on the CD player in my car and helps me through my journey.
on 24 May 2013
Have it in the car, and play it every journey at the moment, then cant get it off my mind, humming it all night !!!!
on 3 November 2015
This is an excellent recording which I am glad to have added to my CD collection. I had never heard of Ries until I heard Alexander Armstrong play this recording on one of his Classic FM programmes.
on 1 December 2014
Thank you Amazon for the service .I thoroughly enjoy the CD.
on 2 December 2015
A beautiful piece of music. Much enjoyed
on 10 March 2014
I like piano concertos and these are good ones by a recently rediscovered Composer. Try Classic FM for more good music.