on 6 September 2015
I purchased this phone as a replacement to my iPhone 4s which I'd been using for well over three years. The 4s' camera stopped working and I simply needed another iPhone which could take photos in time for my two-month-long Summer travels around Europe. I received the acclaimed "good condition" iPhone 5 and all seemed to be in working order - at first. No more than a week later (at which point I was in a foreign country) the iPhone 5's camera stopped working in the exact same fashion as my old iPhone 4s. Being in the midst of travelling, I did not have my laptop nor the time to visit any phone repair shops in the countries I was in, as I was moving every second day. I was not able to take any more photographs beyond approximately 5 days into my two-month-long travels. I'm extremely disappointed with the quality of this so-called "good condition" phone. I am extremely fond of taking photos and hold them close as the most precious of memoirs; the past two months in Europe with my friends was one of the most important sections of my life so far - which was the sole reason I bought a new phone to take photos with. I am still frustrated that I missed so many priceless photo opportunities because of this business's poor quality product. I also tried contacting this business throughout my travels via Amazon and even sent an email - to which I received no reply. I still strongly feel compensation is in order here as I'm left bitter with regret and disappointment. Fellow shoppers be warned; from what I've learned, it is near impossible to contact this seller through Amazon - as I have painfully found out, though I shall continue to persist.
on 25 December 2014
Battery doesn't last, phone turns off at about 21% then will come back on with 6%.
Flash doesn't work neither does the torch,
Genuinely disappointed would be very careful when purchasing a mobile online
on 29 June 2016
I started off with a pretty dismal review of Mobile Express UK due to a fault on the power/lock button. It was compounded by the fact that Apple had recognised the problem but my refurbished phone's serial number did not permit me a repair.
I then contacted the very helpful Mark, who not only offered a partial refund (should I want to have the repair done privately) but then organised for the phones return for a replacement. And this is where they have excelled, as I took this opportunity to request an upgrade to the 32Gb version, something they didn't have to accommodate. Mark however, not only arranged for the upgraded replacement but, due to the original fault and inconvenience caused; made a 'consideration' on the price.
So, both the 'service' and 'after service' is excellent and although the original product was faulty, this appeared to be an endemic issue with phones built during a particular period. Both phones however, are in mint condition, unmarked and as new.
Thank you Mark and thank you Mobile Express UK.
on 31 May 2015
Bought this iPhone 5 16GB for my wife as an upgrade (I bought an iPhone 5 64GB from Amazon with no problems). And the phone overall was as expected, minor wear & tear on edges but was in the description. When arrived, the camera was taking pictures that weren't "up to par". On closer inspection of the camera lens, it was cracked, hence the black line from one corner to the other. Was my wifes and she was more than happy to just keep it. More description of any and all faults in the "item description" section.
on 4 March 2015
The iPhone at first was very impressive all sealed in a box with brand new charger, headphones etc. The phone started to overheat during light use, I took the phone to Apple as it was sold as brand new with Apple warranty to be told it was first registered in 2012 (when I purchased it in Oct 2015). Apple informed me that all parts had been replaced with non Apple parts apart from the back cover and they could not do anything to it as the phone had be fraudulently tampered with. I was left feeling extremely disappointed I am very pleased with Amazon, they have been very supportive :-) otherwise I'd have lost a lot of money and have a phone that is good for nothing
11 Comment| 54 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 May 2015
as with all iphones it does what it says. a really reliable phone.This review is an amendment because the phone became un usable in less than a year of purchase. I contacted the seller by email and they didn't bother to answer.I went to Apple who said that it needed a new screen . I emailed the seller iHD Lounge again and again and Amazon have emailed and phoned them. Again no answer.I took the phone back to Apple to get the repair done but as someone, perhaps iHD Lounge, had previously installed a new screen which was a non Apple part and so they will not replace it. The phone is a dud. I have now been in touch with Trading Standards and have had advice from them which is a course that I am now pursuing.
on 21 May 2017
VERY pleased with this, just a bit disappointed with the fact we have to charge it every day....is that normal?
on 5 April 2015
bought for my daughter as a replacement i cant believe how quickly it came it was ordered late afternoon and came the next day.the quality is fantastic it looks like a new phone not a single scratch or mark on it and a full 6 month guarantee with 24 hr support if you should have a problem im over the moon and so was she when she saw it
on 29 January 2016
After having bought an IPhone 4s from these sellers a few months back I was very pleased with how well it worked, although it was stolen. So thought it was time to upgrade to iPhone 5. Very good price, there is a few scratches on the side but that was expected as it was 'acceptable' standard. Having said that, they can be hidden with a cover and there are no scratches at all on the screen. The battery isn't too good- but expected for a used iPhone. Overall it works perfectly and a very good price considering it came with a case, screen protector, charger and SIM card tool.
on 26 October 2015
It started off well. I bought the item from Gift/cube, it arrived earlier than expected ans worked perfectly to begin with.

A few months pass (once the warranty had worn off) and I start to notice little faults. Bare in mind, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and I'm a very careful person. I've never dropped the phone, or pulled hard on the charger. Yet, the Sleep button on the top started malfunctioning, the power cable is faulty and I don't seem to be getting half of the text messages people send me. I've become very disappointed in a product I was originally glad to have. Such a shame, and a waste of money.