Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 13 December 2012
As an introductory guide if you are thinking of Northern Lights trip, this works really well for the price. Whilst, unsurprisingly, there is not the detail of of other guides, it DOES give plenty of web links if you want to know more about a particular topic e.g trips, hotels etc (hence the title of my review). This method also ensures it doesn't date quickly, assuming the websites are up to date.
Where it excels is in the photographic advice: practical and easy to use "in the field". We have our trip already booked and needed something on the Kindle for exactly this purpose: this will do the job perfectly. Hard to fault for the price.
on 16 June 2013
Very detailed and extremely useful information. From a scientific explanation of the phenomenon to where in the world are the best places to see the Lights, where to stay and how to photograph the Lights. Although some of it was not relevant to me (I was visiting Norway) a thoroughly fascinating book.
on 10 October 2012
This is a must for anyone wanting to venture out hoping to see the Northern Lights during the Solar Max. It's a really informative, amusing and interesting guide and i would highly recommend it.
on 30 January 2015
A very useful and helpful guide for planning your trip and working out camera settings for taking great pictures. I'd recommend it especially for a first time out at night: preparation, preparation, preparation!
on 21 February 2013
I bought this guide for a recent trip to see the Northern Lights. While the guide itself was fine and what you'd expect for the price, it automatically downloaded to my Kindle which is the default when I buy something. However, planning on being out and about, I wanted to add it to my phone on the Kindle app there but was informed that I had reached the device limit for this particular book and had to buy it again, which I did as I was in a hurry. I know it's only a couple of pounds but this information should be presented up front if the device limit differs from the default 6 and I didn't see it before my purchase.

It is a handy guide to have with you but just be aware that you can only install it on one device so make sure the device you want it on is the first one you download to.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 April 2013
To help with planning a Northern Lights holiday for much later this year, I had ordered many and various travel guides. However, in terms of assisting with early planning and as a quick reference guide that I have referred to on numerous occasions, along with plenty of web links and ideas, I've found this little guide to be so useful.

It is exactly what you need it to be - clear and concise, giving an overview of the possible countries to visit, suggestions for excursions and also invaluable advice on photography and camera requirements for capturing the Aurora Borealis - if you ever do make that trip!
on 1 February 2013
Lots of good information, covering the whole northern hemisphere. Good descriptions of the many different holidays available and not just the obvious
on 6 March 2015
Very useful on our trip to Norway.
on 30 March 2015
After reading this we had to go
on 7 November 2013
Ok, just ok. Gave some quick information, not a source of real insight into the northern lights. One f the few books available on this subject on kindle.