on 29 June 2014
Love this baking book as the step by step helping me as been a while sins i have baking an thing a have done a lot for it now try a lot different one but the family love the buns i make the most. Any like to baking try this book as the book tell's what to do and shown how as well, It come quick in the post as well great for the money as other i went into the book was dear on here got it for so much less.
on 13 May 2016
OMG I love this book!. I needed to update my cookery books. My main book is over 30 years old. Now I really will live in the kitchen. I love baking/cooking. It's what we did when I was young. We never ate out, we cooked at home. Perfect! At least I can control what goes in my food.
on 4 April 2018
not all the recipes are on the digital version but if they are then if does make buying ingredients easier.
on 2 February 2014
There are some great recipes here, but on many more the method pictures are missing (german apple cake for example). Sort it out dorling kindersley! That being said I did make the chocolate fudge cake and it was excellent, but therefore even more disappointing that I can't use the rest!
2 people found this helpful
on 22 September 2011
I collect baking and cooking books.
This one is big in size and quality. Almost every possible baking recipe is in here, sweet, savoury from different countries. Not only recipes for cakes, pies, cookies, but even recipes for bread, samosa's (I already made it and it tastes great!), naanbread, you name it, it is in here. With great photos of the end result and lots of photos how to make it. It is already one of my favourites. I can defenitely recommend this book.
on 3 January 2015
As others have said, the Kindle version is not the same as the actual book. The small selection of recipes I received were the classics -Victoria sponge, Swiss roll etc that most of us have anyway. There is nothing new or modern here and I have requested a refund.
4 people found this helpful
on 10 December 2015
My first time baking and I've been using this book to help me. Although I still struggle with a few minor things, this book has been brilliant in helping me create baked goods. Certain recipes, such as the apple pie, includes a picture for each step while keeping instructions simple and clear, which has been fantastic. I could not be any happier with this to help guide my baking!
on 23 June 2014
If you love to bake then this book is for you there are hundreds of recipes in the book with lovely easy to follow instructions, and coloured photographs to show how it should look if you follow instructions, i could not believe that such a beautiful book was so cheap, I thought they had made a mistake, well worth the money.
KenW
on 22 March 2018
Several chapters from original book are missing in this ebook version. Price is alot cheaper though. Its missing the breads and some of the pastry chapters. If you are only wanting the cake recipies this version is good though
on 22 February 2016
Recipes are easy to follow but the book is very American in terms of its choice of recipes. I'm glad I didn't pay very much for it, I will stick with Mary Berry in future.