Customer reviews

Attenborough: 60 Years in the Wild [Blu-ray]
Format: Blu-ray|Change

on 3 December 2012
Nothing you may write about Sir David Attenborough can do him full justice.

He is one of those people you automatically feel unqualified to make any sort of comment at all (much like Richard Feynman, but for different reasons).

That Sir David has become a household name and is universally loved would be stating the obvious.

Watching this documentary takes you back to times where programs were about contents, rather than graphics.

Sir David makes the explanations very personal, with that child-like wide-eyed luminosity in the way he seems to be discovering with you the very things he is explaining.

I will treasure his DVDs in the same way I did with the ones from Carl Sagan. They are an instant classic that will be remembered for a long time.
33 Comments| 76 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 August 2017
Bought for my Dad as a treat, he loves it.
on 24 July 2017
still the best as ever
on 9 August 2017
Very Good
on 27 December 2012
It is fascinating to watch David Attenborough age gracefully while retaining the fascination and wonder that always made his eyes and mind the best possible perspective one could have to view this amazing planet he inhabits with us all. Thank you for a life well lived!
on 4 October 2016
I have to admit over the years I have become a good fan of Sir David's work.
Always learn a lot and find the explanations clear and concise, wish we'd had this sort of stuff in school when I were a lad.
This DVD covers quite a time period and our understanding of the world around us has improved over time, sadly some of the creatures are less common now than they were.
Would recommend this to any fan of his work
on 6 October 2013
What are we gonna do when Sir David retires?
I've noticed the BBC have been trialling some alternatives... He's still the best.
I keep telling myself they'll find someone better despite the fact that all wildlife watchers think it unlikely.
They managed it with Mr Wogan vs Mr Evans on Radio 2 didn't they?
on 25 February 2013
thouroughly enjoyed this DVD of Davids ( 60 Years in The Wild,, ) Fantastic how they got to film so close to all those animals, wow fabulous well worth the money,, thank you,,
on 28 March 2013
A comprehensive autobiography of D. Attenborough and the story of our ever changing planet. The fact D. Attenborough has seen it all happen throughout his years 'on air' makes this story even more interesting. It also gives a good idea of the state of our planet, the way we're heading on and some ideas for possible outcomes. A 'must' for anyone who's a fan of Attenborough, and who's interested in natural history.
on 12 February 2013
If you are a fan of Sir David then you will probably have bought this DVD already. It is a wonderful compilation of what he has achieved during 60 years. The added bonus on the disc contains all of the "best bits" of when he has appeared on Michael Parkinson's chat shows. Yes, do not hesitate, order it now.