on 21 February 2013
It's great for cutting full sims to nano, but the cutting isn't sharp so the sim doesn't fit perfectly in the templates. Also my metal template for cutting micro to nano doesn't fit in the tool, so it's lucky I don't need that functionality. The tool comes with a quality control slip saying they test every tool, looks like they either missed my one or their testing isn't very good!

It's cheap and kind of does the job, but it's very poor quality.
on 25 October 2012
This is really amazing cutter,,I,am very impressed to this product,,, this product contain lots of ,nano,micro and normal sim adaptor so you can use your sim in any type of mobile,,through these adaptor,,,delivery is very prompt. so if you want cut your sim in without any problem so I strongly recommend buy this sim cutter without any hesitation ,,I really satisfied and happy to this service...
on 6 April 2013
Bought this as I have made the transition from normal to micro card on iPhone. Arrived on time and all the adapters were of good quality and ere was three of each. So more than enough. The cutter is fairly strong, but missed a metal template that should help to create micro. Contacted seller back in the day and they said would send this attachment, but never received. Oh dear. That said, would think about just buying adapters in future as most providers can give you free exchange to nano and micro from old SIMM cards. Made the cutter fairly redundant. Hence 4 stars at £11.43.
on 23 December 2012
Was a little scared to use the NANO SIM cutter but shouldn't have worried. I had a micro SIM in my iPad 3 and wanted a NANO SIM for the iPad mini. After removing the SIM from the iPad (using the included tool) and adding the SIM to the metal adapter I cut. The result is impressive if not absolutely to size. I refitted the SIM back in the iPad 3 and it still worked. It is a little fiddly getting the SIM back into the iPad mainly because the tolerances are quite small but as it still function I'm really pleased. Once the iPad mini arrives I'll test it.

Given that it works and you get quite a selection of adapters I'd have to recommend it on my experience.
on 15 March 2013
Cuts card cleanly but card can move around and is not located well before cutting, cut old sim card down then compared it to a purchased nano card, not tried the cut sim! Plenty of sim card adaptors supplied but using them could be an issue if card was biased to one side before cutting then sitting in adaptor would cause issues.
on 1 June 2013
One approaches these things with a degree of trepidation, wondering if you are a) going to ruin your SIM b) going to ruin your phone, but no worries, it does what is says, cuts the SIm cleanly and lets you buy a new iPhone with no hassle.
on 13 January 2013
I just purchased a factory unlocked iPhone 5 to replace my 3GS. I have PAYG sim cards for several different countries because I travel a lot. So I was very apprehensive about ruining any of my phone chips. I need not have worried. the full-size sim cards had a nice interference fit into the cutter without any wiggle-room on either the sides or the backstop. The resulting nano-cards fit just about perfectly into the sim card tray of the iPhone 5 and the thickness of the cards was not a problem. I had a very minor problem with one of the nano-cards, which had been cut with a very slightly proud front edge (needed a magnifying glass) but this could be taken off with a few light stokes of an emery board.

I docked the product 1 star because I could not get the new nano cards to fit into the adapters provided with the cutter. Not a big deal for me as I probably have no need to adapt going forwards, but anyone needing to adapt would doubtless need to work with the emery board a bit more.
on 30 October 2012
This product does exactly what it needs to...create nano sims from normal sized ones (you can't convert micro's to nano's)

It also comes with 3 adapters (of each variety) to convert your new nano sim back to micro or normal size size and micro to normal also too, so 9 adapters in all. It also came with a sim removal tool (the oval shaped one with a pin on it that you get with the iPhone from Apple).

Having created my sim I used the nano to normal adapter to make sure it still worked in my old 3GS before putting it into my shiny new iPhone 5. It worked so I removed it and put it into the new phone and with no problems the iPhone was registered and set up. I now have a working iPhone 5 with the sim from my old phone and no need ot mess around ordering a new sim and arranging for the contract to be ported over..
on 12 January 2013
Cut a full-size 3 SIM to a nano SIM for an iPad mini. Worked perfectly. No rough edges.

I was expecting some missing parts, having read the other reviews, but there were none. Downsides: Doesn't look like it was built to last; very simple packaging means it's easy to lose some of the attached adapters. Neither have proved a problem so far.
on 21 September 2013
Since the introduction of the Micro Sim ( iPhone 4/4s ) and Nano Sim ( iPhone 5/5s/5c ), I decided to purchase the sim-card cutter as I am always buying a new sim-card prior to travelling. If you have ever tried to cut a sim-card to fit your mobile then you are probably aware that it can go very bad very quickly if you make the slightest of errors. This sim-card cutter works exactly like a hole punch leaving very little room for error and it has never failed me. If you are looking for a sim-card cutter, then look no further.