on 24 July 2017
good thank you.
on 8 October 2015
A very well written book
on 26 October 2012
This is a must have tool for understanding the new Kindle Fire HD. This is great for first time users as well as for someone who has had the first Kindle Fire.

It starts out with telling what to do from opening the box to setting up the first screen when you turn it on.

It takes you step by step on how to set up your email accounts, and wifi, and the basic use of your menus.

This book takes through setting up skype accounts and how to use them, how to get apps that will help you use your camera, sync your Fire with your computer, how to use other browsers, store and view photos and so much more.

It explains sideloading apps and books, how to send text messages, how to listen to music and movies.

Will give you valuable suggestions for screen protectors, cases, apps for optimizing your Kindle.

It even tells you how to get free apps as well as what apps are a must have and how much they cost if they aren't free. They tell you what ones work and which ones that don't.

It will tell you how to use your android phone and sync it with your Kindle.

They tell you where to get free books and apps, and how to borrow books from your library.

If you need any information on what your new Kindle can do this is the book to get. It is well worth the price and they have done all the work for you.

I highly recommend this book for both new and experienced Kindle Fire owners.
Thank you Kindle Fire Department. You have come through again. Kindle Fire Department has a great support team.
on 5 December 2012
I found this guidebook to be very instructive. The operating guide in the tablet assumes the reader has a fair idea of computing, which I haven't, and starts at basics. I would have given five stars if it had been written for the U.K. rather than U.S.A as a lot of the download suggestions are not available over here.
on 10 November 2012
I found the Kindle Fire HD to be excellent value when compared with Apple IPad.
When you first get your Kindle it is very easy to set up with easy to follow instructions. It doesn't come with many apps but Amazon put out free apps for you to download, one featured app every day. So you can collect the apps that you need over a few days.
The app store on Amazon is really good and you are able to buy other apps for a modest price.
I use my Kindle for reading books and watching BBC Iplayer mostly but at the moment Kindle does not support Adobe Flash Drive so I'm not able to watch 4OD. I have put this complaint to Amazon and they say that it will be available soon.
There are lots of other features on the Kindle Fire HD which I also use, so all in all I would recommend this tablet to anyone who doesn't want to spend £400 on an Apple.
on 4 June 2013
Like a lot of people out there when I received my brand new Kindle Fire I was a bit lost on what I needed to do to get it going, even though I was already a proud owner of a Kindle keyboard and a Nexus 7. This excellent little book helped me to breeze through the installation and organisation of my new baby. It also provides advice on which apps to use for particular uses, which I found invaluable. Excellent stuff!
on 21 January 2013
This book is easy to read and very helpful. I do wish I could have received it in book form, rather than it actually being on my Kindle. It would have been better as a book at my side.
on 14 January 2013
Fab! Really helped me understand the kindle and also can't believe how much it actually can do. Haven't put it down in 3 weeks!
on 12 November 2012
I can't believe the other reviews for this book! I have bought a Kindle Fire HD and every single time I need answers I end up going on-line to Google to find them. I haven't solved one single problem utilising this book and I find it appalling that Amazon don't provide a decent on-line Kindle Fire HD help-desk - they only seem interested in keeping you away from the capabilities and locked into the Amazon shopping experience. Hopefully someone will provide a comprehensive solution soon as I really dont feel like shelling out for the new "For Dummies" book.
on 15 December 2012
Very useful for a starter with a lot of helpful stuff that gets you up and running quickly perhaps could give more info about the things that the kindle cannot do