on 13 February 2016
Although the colours of the sky are very different in the finished product this was a very good in many other ways. Firstly 20 different good quality paints are supplied and each of the pots are full. The number of pots mean less mixing and there is a lot of each left after finishing the picture to use on another painting. Also the board is printed in a pale blue rather than a much darker shade so the numbers and lines are covered more easily. I tried sets by other manufacturers after this one (this was my first attempt) and I will always go for Reeves after my experiences.
I managed to blend in the sky rather than leave it as the instructions so that looks very natural. The birds look very realistic and with character and the flowers seem to leap out of the page.
This has taught me a lot about handling the paint and how many different shades work together to give a realistic but artistic effect. This will be helpful when I want to move onto my own compositions. I recommend this product highly and would warn people against buying inferior makes as some sets contain little paint and heavily printed boards.
on 13 July 2016
Emh, how to start...I'd say that is fun but it wont come out like the sample given on this picture.
You definitely need to have some knowledge in blending colours in the right places and not really following the numbers on it that are supposed to give as a direction for the artist to follow because it just does not look natural enough.
on 18 January 2016
lovely picture, end result is very good. A small palette to mix colours would be nice and a larger number sheet of the picture, would be really helpful, this was bought for my father in law who at 83 found the numbers difficult to see without a magnifying glass, meaning he had to have numerous bits around him.
on 31 August 2016
I really enjoyed doing this painting by numbers. It was my first one and I found it very easy to do with good results.
on 16 July 2017
Very pretty! It engaged my dearest wife a full afternoon, ensuring that I (happily!) resorted to more than my share of making-up drinks.
on 5 August 2017
Lovely picture, very easy to understand and compete. Just be aware background colour not the same as picture but altogether a lovely set
on 24 September 2017
Really enjoyed doing this only problem is that the numbers show through but great fun.
on 4 November 2017
Really pretty colours looks nice in a frame
on 22 October 2017